Since Vatsim gets the weather already, how does AS work into the equasion? What are the settings to use? It did make a difference when I fired up AS.JimCYWG

Hi,When flying with VATSIM, You want this option On so that your weather and the controller,s weather will match up at the departing and destination airports, especially winds.That is the only option to change.

Guest lingfors
Hi,When flying with VATSIM, You want this option On so that your weather and the controller,s weather will match up at the departing and destination airports, especially winds.That is the only option to change.
What I always have wondered is... Doesn't VATSIM use real-time weather?I fly on another big network, and use ASX weather... And my weather, and the METAR in the controllers' ATIS almost always match up perfectly... And when they don't it's usually such a small discrepancy that it really doesn't matter anyways.

Hi,VATSIM collects it's own weather and then we tap into that data when that option is On.Thanks,

What I always have wondered is... Doesn't VATSIM use real-time weather?I fly on another big network, and use ASX weather... And my weather, and the METAR in the controllers' ATIS almost always match up perfectly... And when they don't it's usually such a small discrepancy that it really doesn't matter anyways.
95% if the time you'll probably get weather pretty much the same. There are potential differences though which can be problematic and confusing for ATC and yourself when they occur, so this is what the VATSIM mode eliminates, making sure your terminal area weather is exactly the same as what the controller sees. Enroute you'll be on normal ASX weather.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies