Sign in to follow this  
Guest mariner75

Issue With Md-11

Guest mariner75

Well I am having a problem with the MD-11. First off I am running FSX with SP2, Intel Centrino Duo 2.0 GHz, 2MB RAM, Nvidia Quattro NVS 128 MB. I know that my system does not meet the minimum requirements but it did run the MD-11 perfectly fine, until now. For about the first 2 weeks that I had the product everything worked fine until a few days ago and it stopped working. I would go to load the MD-11 after loading the default flight and FSX would freeze for a few minutes then an error message would come up and say "A Fatal Error Has Occured." Then it asked to send and error report and/or restart FSX. I re-installed FSX and the MD-11 and uninstalled any other add-ons I had but still nothing works. Any Ideas?Jared

Guest GAMER
Well I am having a problem with the MD-11. First off I am running FSX with SP2, Intel Centrino Duo 2.0 GHz, 2MB RAM, Nvidia Quattro NVS 128 MB. I know that my system does not meet the minimum requirements but it did run the MD-11 perfectly fine, until now. For about the first 2 weeks that I had the product everything worked fine until a few days ago and it stopped working. I would go to load the MD-11 after loading the default flight and FSX would freeze for a few minutes then an error message would come up and say "A Fatal Error Has Occured." Then it asked to send and error report and/or restart FSX. I re-installed FSX and the MD-11 and uninstalled any other add-ons I had but still nothing works. Any Ideas?Jared
I would think if you're computer does not meet the minim requirements, and you are running an addon FX, well there is you're problem. I am in the same boat as my machine runs FS9 and the PMDG 747 just fine, but FSX is in cartoon mode, and forget an add on aircraft as FSX is at least twice as demanding as FS9. I think it is a simple problem that you don't have a powerful enough computer.Michael P.

Guest mariner75

I guess the part that doesn't make sense to me if why it was working for 2 weeks then just stopped. It feels like I just wasted $80.Jared

Does not make sense to me either. I think you should keep looking for a problem. If it ran for two weeks (that is assuming you had more than just one or two sessions during that time) then it should continue to run. Sure, you took a risk when you purchased software with hardware recommendations that exceeded your system specs but here are some ideas: Make sure you have a clean FSX install that is crash free before trying an install of the MD11 again. Do not make the MD11 your default flight after you install. During install, make sure the dialog boxes seeking permission to load and trust happen. If not, then maybe you need to fix the trust-dll registration: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_Trust_DLL_Policy See also for dll.xml tip: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_...00X_FAQ#dll.xmlHope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest KLM043
Does not make sense to me either. I think you should keep looking for a problem. If it ran for two weeks (that is assuming you had more than just one or two sessions during that time) then it should continue to run. Sure, you took a risk when you purchased software with hardware recommendations that exceeded your system specs but here are some ideas: Make sure you have a clean FSX install that is crash free before trying an install of the MD11 again. Do not make the MD11 your default flight after you install. During install, make sure the dialog boxes seeking permission to load and trust happen. If not, then maybe you need to fix the trust-dll registration: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_Trust_DLL_Policy See also for dll.xml tip: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_...00X_FAQ#dll.xmlHope this helps.
I have exact the same problem, but when i install the FSX error Free, and after that the sp1/2 and the MD11, it will run perfect. And i want to fly also with the KLM/Martinair paint, so after the install of the KLM or Martinair paint, Fsx is giving me a Fatal error... I think i have a good system which doesnt meet the minimums: AMD ATHLON X2 6400+ 4gb ram 800mhz, XFX geforce 8800 GTX, 2x 640 gb HD, and a Acer G24 monitor ( Vista 32 bit / SP1 )

Guest mariner75
I have exact the same problem, but when i install the FSX error Free, and after that the sp1/2 and the MD11, it will run perfect. And i want to fly also with the KLM/Martinair paint, so after the install of the KLM or Martinair paint, Fsx is giving me a Fatal error... I think i have a good system which doesnt meet the minimums: AMD ATHLON X2 6400+ 4gb ram 800mhz, XFX geforce 8800 GTX, 2x 640 gb HD, and a Acer G24 monitor ( Vista 32 bit / SP1 )
I think I have a solution that helped me make it work again. Paul Gollnick from the PMDG support team sent me an e-mail about what to do and here is it:1) Locate your DLL.xml file associated with FSX. You will have to enable the