Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jhaley101

Multiple Machine Installation Question

Hope you can help. Here is my question, I will try to be as clear as possible. I use both FSX and FS9, both sim's are installed on the same computer. I have ASv6 for fs9. And I use ASX on a laptop to generate weather for fsx via simconnect. So, my question is this. If I make a single purchase of ASA, (a new version, not an upgrade), can I use that one version INSTALLED ON MY LAPTOP to generate weather for FSX (via simconnect like usual) and still use the same laptop to generate weather for fs9 via widefs? In other words, is this one new ASA purchase (not the upgrade, the new version) good enough to generate weather for both sim's via the simconnect and widefs interfaces from my laptop computer? Trying to figure it out. Looking forward to trying ASA, John Haley

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi John,You can purchase the ASX upgrade version, install it on your laptop, and then get weather into FSX and into FS04 on your main computer.Thanks!

Hi John,You can purchase the ASX upgrade version, install it on your laptop, and then get weather into FSX and into FS04 on your main computer.Thanks!
Thanks Jim, I'm off to make my purchase, can't wait to get airborne. John

Thanks Jim, I'm off to make my purchase, can't wait to get airborne. John
Jim,Correct me if I am wrong but his laptop will need to have both the FS9 and FSX paths and AppData folders entered into the registry for this to work correctly right?Steve

Hi Steve,Yep!
That should be no problem, I have ASX running that way now, so I can point the weather program to fs9 just as easily. Haven't tried it yet guys, but I truly appreciate your help in sorting through everything. One more quickie, can I uninstall asv6 if everything installs smoothly with ASA?Merry ChristmasJohn