Sign in to follow this  
Guest nrhood

Lear 45 In Fs9

Guest nrhood

I've always liked the exterior looks of the lear 45 but everything else seems off when it comes to flying it. I don't care for the panel, sounds, flight dynamics, or sight lines/views. I can't seem to find any fixes that are satisfactory. I was working on a new lear panel for awhile until my old computer died taking Panel Studio with it. If anyone knows where I can find some upgrades for this plane it would be appreciated. Any thoughts? I'm tempted to get the new Panel Studio and start again. Would still need better flight dynamics though.Nate

I've always liked the exterior looks of the lear 45 but everything else seems off when it comes to flying it. I don't care for the panel, sounds, flight dynamics, or sight lines/views. I can't seem to find any fixes that are satisfactory. I was working on a new lear panel for awhile until my old computer died taking Panel Studio with it. If anyone knows where I can find some upgrades for this plane it would be appreciated. Any thoughts? I'm tempted to get the new Panel Studio and start again. Would still need better flight dynamics though.Nate
Nate --- I'm also a fan of the Lear 45, and for several years I tried to find addons, upgrades, etc., with no luck. I've been using the Friendly Panels Lear 45 panel for a month, and I like it. I've never flown the actual aircraft, but I've seen photos of the flight deck, and FP did a nice job.As for flight dynamics, I can't offer anything. I've been wishing that someone would make a new Lear 45, but I don't think it's a priority for anyone.

Guest Charlie
I agree with you and have long felt the desire to improve some of the Lear's features. So here is what I did:I never liked the Lear's mini-panel as its PFD display is too large for the mini and defeats its purpose. So I modified the panel.cfg file to take it out. Open the file, find this section and remove it:[window 06] position=7size_mm=188,256child_3d=1background_color=0,0,0ident=MINIPANELgauge01=Lear_45!PFD, 0, 0You will then have a default mini-panel with small round gauges much improving your view.Second, I could never stand the Lear's interior sound, so I simply replaced the default sound with another sound set. I used one of my favorite 737-200 sound packages that I've had since the FS2000 days, but there's lots of options to suit your preference. Third, after an extensive search I found a forum thread that reveals the primary reason that the Lear is so difficult to land without nosing back up into the air again. That reason is the use of the auto-spoilers. Simply do not use them (deploy spoilers manually after your nose wheel touches the ground) and that problem is greatly reduced. I had given up flying the Lear, but with those three tweaks, I've got a new airplane and it's fun to fly.

Hi GuysIm glad that I saw this thread! First off, Im very happy to see folks that are interested in the LJ45. We have some very useful information over at Hangar45.net if you would like to come over and see what we have. There you will find all sorts of info on how to tweak your .air file as well as operational data too. Hangar45.net was created for those of us building full-size LJ45 sims so we have TONS of info on the aircraft, and you get to see what more than 10 folks have done to create a full size LJ45 sim.Thanks,Eric TomlinHangar45 Adminwww.Hangar45.net