Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kilgourj

Aircraft Nose Diving

Hi all,I am using a saitek proflight yoke and am now experiencing this on every aircraft, after take-off as soon as I leave go of the yoke the aircraft takes a nose dive. Has anyone else had this problem. I replaced the saitek throttle with the PFC module and having disconnected this the same thing happens.I am running FS9 on XP 64bit. thanks in advancekilgourj

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Do you have other controls connected? I know when I first set up my Saitek throttles and rudder pedals, the X and Y axes where set for Ailerons and Elevator. So having the throttle pulled back would send the plane into a dive and a hard left turn. I'd check to make sure you don't have another controller like a throttle set to Elevator.

Do you have other controls connected? I know when I first set up my Saitek throttles and rudder pedals, the X and Y axes where set for Ailerons and Elevator. So having the throttle pulled back would send the plane into a dive and a hard left turn. I'd check to make sure you don't have another controller like a throttle set to Elevator.
Hi John,I have checked and had to delete certain assignments wrongly placed, at first I thought it was the aircraft itself but when I use any aircraft the same thing happens. I shall check with saitek and flypfc forums for a solution. Thanks anyway for the reply and if I get the problem fixed I shall post it incase anyone is experiencing the same problem.

Hi John,I have checked and had to delete certain assignments wrongly placed, at first I thought it was the aircraft itself but when I use any aircraft the same thing happens. I shall check with saitek and flypfc forums for a solution. Thanks anyway for the reply and if I get the problem fixed I shall post it incase anyone is experiencing the same problem.
You didnt say that you calibrated the yoke.ORAutopilot is on. ORDid you do a pre-flight? look at the elevator in spot mode. Does it appear centered when you have the yoke centered?

how is the aircraft trimmed???

Hi all,I am using a saitek proflight yoke and am now experiencing this on every aircraft, after take-off as soon as I leave go of the yoke the aircraft takes a nose dive. Has anyone else had this problem. I replaced the saitek throttle with the PFC module and having disconnected this the same thing happens.I am running FS9 on XP 64bit. thanks in advancekilgourj

You didnt say that you calibrated the yoke.ORAutopilot is on. ORDid you do a pre-flight? look at the elevator in spot mode. Does it appear centered when you have the yoke centered?
Too much of a hurry to try the yoke out, on rechecking the crosshairs were at the top of calibration window, recalibrated and did a pre-flight check and everything was centred. On taking off flies as normal. Thanks