Sign in to follow this  
Guest corrie

I Know I Shouldn`t Ask

Guest corrie

Ok don`t kill me here :( How do I do a automated ILS approach with the MD 11 the simple way , without reading the manual :( ThanksJohan

Simple. Just program the FMS with your flight plan and select the arrival you want. You might want to at least learn how to use the FMS, start with the tutorial then a short flight. Eventually, you should at least browse the manuals.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest corrie
Simple. Just program the FMS with your flight plan and select the arrival you want. You might want to at least learn how to use the FMS, start with the tutorial then a short flight. Eventually, you should at least browse the manuals.
Thanks for that , yes I can use the FMS and program a arrival , I mean on the FS9 737 I had to tune both radios manually and then press AP 1 and 2 for the approach.With the MD 11 above Auto flight I see APP/Land do I only press this once I have entered the arrival on the FMS and are lined up with the rnway for app.ThanksJohan

It is that simple. Press app/land once to arm loc/gs capture. The status info will turn white until autoland is active. Look for the green box on the bottom of the SD to verify you have a landing configuration. The radios are auto tuned like the 747.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest corrie
It is that simple. Press app/land once to arm loc/gs capture. The status info will turn white until autoland is active. Look for the green box on the bottom of the SD to verify you have a landing configuration. The radios are auto tuned like the 747.
AWESOMEThanksJohan