Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spilok

Dakota Seems To Just Not Work For Me.

Several months ago I bought the Dreamfleet Dakota and for various reasons, I couldn't get it to work without CTDs or other anomolies. Supposedly others had problems with it too. So I asked for a refund and got it. Well....I decided to buy it again because I reinstalled VISTA and reinstalled FSX and all related goodies associated with the sim. I figured that maybe it was my old system configuration that didn't like this plane, and so maybe it would be different this time.I had completed installation of FSX and FS Genesis, Acceleration, GEX, REX, many payware planes I had accumulated over the years, many airports that had been "livened up" by Jim Cook, and then I purchased Active Sky Advanced. AND it all worked perfectly! I love ASA (except the time lag it takes to get the weather complete).Then I installed the Dreamfleet Dakota....after which ASA wouldn't bring up its Control panel. The Dakota installs the Garmin separately, and Redistributable C+ (?) which I believe causes some changes in the system that other programs don't like. Just my opinion of course, but I can't imagine why else it changed. I then uninstalled the added Garmin and Redistributable C+ and the Dakota, but the ASA control panel still wouldn't come up. So, I finally did a RESTORE to a few hours before I installed the Dakota. After that, it all worked again as it was supposed to work. So the Dakota sits on my hard drive wanting to be flown, and I won't ask for a refund this time. I'll just keep it until I figure out a way to make it friendly to my system so that I can fly it and enjoy it.If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.Stan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Several months ago I bought the Dreamfleet Dakota and for various reasons, I couldn't get it to work without CTDs or other anomolies. Supposedly others had problems with it too. So I asked for a refund and got it. Well....I decided to buy it again because I reinstalled VISTA and reinstalled FSX and all related goodies associated with the sim. I figured that maybe it was my old system configuration that didn't like this plane, and so maybe it would be different this time.I had completed installation of FSX and FS Genesis, Acceleration, GEX, REX, many payware planes I had accumulated over the years, many airports that had been "livened up" by Jim Cook, and then I purchased Active Sky Advanced. AND it all worked perfectly! I love ASA (except the time lag it takes to get the weather complete).Then I installed the Dreamfleet Dakota....after which ASA wouldn't bring up its Control panel. The Dakota installs the Garmin separately, and Redistributable C+ (?) which I believe causes some changes in the system that other programs don't like. Just my opinion of course, but I can't imagine why else it changed. I then uninstalled the added Garmin and Redistributable C+ and the Dakota, but the ASA control panel still wouldn't come up. So, I finally did a RESTORE to a few hours before I installed the Dakota. After that, it all worked again as it was supposed to work. So the Dakota sits on my hard drive wanting to be flown, and I won't ask for a refund this time. I'll just keep it until I figure out a way to make it friendly to my system so that I can fly it and enjoy it.If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.Stan
Hi Stan,You're not using Vista 64 are you? If so, that might be the problem. I have had to give up on Dreamfleet for that reason. And it was with great sadness that I did as I loved their products. But for some reason Lou has not decided Vista 64 is not worth the effort yet. I hope he changes his mind someday. I will be one of his first customers when and if he does.Best regards,Bill

Hi Stan,You're not using Vista 64 are you? If so, that might be the problem. I have had to give up on Dreamfleet for that reason. And it was with great sadness that I did as I loved their products. But for some reason Lou has not decided Vista 64 is not worth the effort yet. I hope he changes his mind someday. I will be one of his first customers when and if he does.Best regards,Bill
No. I'm using Vista 32. Very disappointing. Looks like a great GA plane.Stan