Sign in to follow this  
Guest peter54

Flightlevel

Guest peter54

Dear Sir's,i've try to fly the tutorial flight egll-lszh,i put in an altitude of 37.000ft,end once in midair i got a message in the flight comp.that say's above maxflight level,and the figures are 43.000 ft.Any idea what i do wrong????? I've try'ed it several times.Thx and a merry Christmas to everyone.Peter

I can guess: When you set the altitude on the panel you increased past 37000? If you do this for more than a few seconds, the value you entered in the FMS will change. The fix is to correct the FL setting on the INIT page... this is just a guess. A screen shot would be helpful.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest chibrsfan

That sounds right, I am also thinking it's a weight issue...remember the FMC is very smart, and will tell you if you are overweight to climb to a certain altitude (buffet boundary infraction).BTW, Dan, how's Corpus? I just saw your sig and thought that was great, I live in Houston, and do some business in Ingleside, down in your neck of the woods...Take care,J SnyderH-Town

Corpus Christi is one of the best places in the world for wind surfing, sailing and cross wind landing. Most US Navy aviators get started here too. On the downside, the nearest town in any direction is a two hour drive, but I can commute to work in 15 minutes.

Dan Downs KCRP