I fly using the PMDG MD11 and seem to have some unusual temps. ASA loaded and indicates -4C at airport, aircraft TAT concurs with that. By flight level 200 TAT is +7C, FL220 0C and at FL 340 -27C. The weather depiction in ASA indicate temp at FL 340 should be -54.3C. The TAT temp on the flight display is obviously inaccurate. Is there a fix for this? This has only occured since using ASA as the weather engine for my flights.Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

bump

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Go and do a search for the difference between SAT and TAT. Basically when sat (no pun intended :( ) on the ground at the airport the TAT will match, but when you are cruising at 0.825 mach @FL350 the air temp is raised a lot due to the friction heating of the air as it rushes past the plane at high speed. So a static air temp (SAT) of -57 would be about -24 (TAT)If you look on the progress page of the MCDU you will see the SAT which you can compare with the TAT you already know the location of in the MD-11.

Cheers, Andy.

Go and do a search for the difference between SAT and TAT. Basically when sat (no pun intended :( ) on the ground at the airport the TAT will match, but when you are cruising at 0.825 mach @FL350 the air temp is raised a lot due to the friction heating of the air as it rushes past the plane at high speed. So a static air temp (SAT) of -57 would be about -24 (TAT)If you look on the progress page of the MCDU you will see the SAT which you can compare with the TAT you already know the location of in the MD-11.
Thanks mateAndrew

Andrew Dixon

Hi,Slow down to near stall speed and you'll see the temps come closer together.FYI, at 4 AM, the team is usually sleeping, though some fine users may be around!! :( Thanks,