Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Flight1 Pc12 Showing .gau Error In Vista

Guest ThrottleUp

Hey guys :( I just got a new gaming rig and I just installed the Flight1 PC12 (FS2004 version) onto it. It worked perfectly in XP but now when I want to do a flight and select the plane I get this error popup:Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled. GAUGES\F1PC12.gaupcrying.gifThe airplane loads up (visual model is fine) if I keep clicking through the popups but of course I get a blank 2D & VC instrument panel. Has anyone esle on here transferred from XP to Vista and gotten this addon to work? Its one of my fav FS9 planes and I do hope to solve the problem! I notice on the Flight1 website that for some planes they say explicitly that it will not work with Vista but for the PC12 it says it "may work". Can you guys please offer some advice!!Thanks :)

I use F1's PC12 on my Vista home machine with FS9 with no problems or error messages.Maybe try running FS9 as the adminstrator ??Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

It was found that on VISTA operated PCs that any application placed in a Program Files folder get "extra" protection in the name of security. This can present one function from controlling another. The easiest way around this when installing FS and add-ons is to not accept the default Program Files folder except for an installer itself if required.To avoid copying FS into another folder and editing the registry some have found turning off in VISTA's Security section the limitations on User Access Rights as I understand it. This might be viewed as decreasing security against malware doing things so be aware of this.I am not a VISTA user but I've seen these solutions in our beta forum and in several other forums. I have XP aand use third party protection applications against malware performing nasty things remotely or through bogus items in installed applications.

Guest ThrottleUp

Thanks for the replies guys - wow thats lucky that your PC12 is working Ernie! At least I know now that it works on Vista so I can start trouble shooting now. Yes I am running it under Administrator but its being stubborn still!

The easiest way around this when installing FS and add-ons is to not accept the default Program Files folder except for an installer itself if required.
I have FS installed on a completely seperate drive from Windows. In fact its the drive from my old PC transferred into the new rig! So the path is E:\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft That is interesting what you mentioned about the registry though I will check that out.A lot of work ahead I think! I was hoping this would be kinda painless but that was asking too much!!

Guest ThrottleUp

Well talk about feeling like a billy goat, I should think a little before posting ikari.gifIt struck me a later that I should use Flight1s autosupport system and request a replacement regkey for my PC12 as my current regkey was "tied" to my old machine. So I did that and guess what - worked like a charm. I just pressed the reinstall button on the wrapper, pointed it to the new replacement key and now its all good. Gauges are showing on the PC12 panel and I get no errors. The Flight1 staff on their forums also confirmed that was the case. Hopefully someone who sees the same error message and is puzzled by it will come across this post :( Thanks to you all for taking the time to reply :(