Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Asa Flipping My Aircraft Over

I just tried ASA for the first time in FSX and was at the gate with my PMDG MD11. I was in outside view and noticed that when ASA was loaded it flipped my aircraft over. I restarted the sim four times and tried the same set up. Two times did it flip over, once my computer froze when ASA was starting up and the last time everything seemed ok. Is there some setting that can cause this? I only have FS11, PMDGMD11 and ASA installed. In FS9 most things works well although of course it's veeery slow to start up. I also noticed when flying an approach with the Maddog 2006 that when I was over the threshold for my landing, the aircraft violently tilted and I dipped my wing into the ground. There was hardly any wind according to the metar. I realize it's just too short a description for you to be able to give any help, but I just figued I'd mention it.BRKristerFinland

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hi,Please try with a default plane and see what happens.Could have been wake turbulence in the FS9 flight.Thanks,

I tried the standard airbus also but that seemed to be unaffected. I then changed to the PMDG MD11 again and in about 10 min (i e not immediately this time) it flipped over, so there is a possibility that it is PMDG related. I also tried activating ASA while in the air with the PMDG MD11 just to see what would happen and I got wildly fluctuating airspeeds jumping from 220 knots to 280 knots. Anyway, I haven't read about other people having the same issue with your SW and PMDG so I will assume it has something to do with my setup. I usually fly FS9 anyway so it really doesn't bother me. Thanks for replying though! :)BRKrister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

In FS9 most things works well although of course it's veeery slow to start up. I also noticed when flying an approach with the Maddog 2006 that when I was over the threshold for my landing, the aircraft violently tilted and I dipped my wing into the ground. There was hardly any wind according to the metar. I realize it's just too short a description for you to be able to give any help, but I just figued I'd mention it.BRKristerFinland
This is in all likelihood unrelated to ASA. I've experienced this tilt twice in my Maddog and both times it happened pretty much like you describe. Both occurrences took place months before ASA saw the light of day :) I blame them on phantom windshear ;) Joke aside, it's probably a Maddog gremlin rather than the weather.

Guest onelimey
I tried the standard airbus also but that seemed to be unaffected. I then changed to the PMDG MD11 again and in about 10 min (i e not immediately this time) it flipped over, so there is a possibility that it is PMDG related. I also tried activating ASA while in the air with the PMDG MD11 just to see what would happen and I got wildly fluctuating airspeeds jumping from 220 knots to 280 knots. Anyway, I haven't read about other people having the same issue with your SW and PMDG so I will assume it has something to do with my setup. I usually fly FS9 anyway so it really doesn't bother me. Thanks for replying though! :)BRKrister
I have the same issue with the wildly fluctuating airspeed flying using ASA so I went back to ASX where it happens occaisionally. I haven't experienced the flipping issue though. From what I understand they are working on a patch with regards to the winds. I get the occaisional wild wind in ASX but not with every wind change like in ASA.TanksAndy