Sign in to follow this  
Hans-Christian

Asa Time Changes And No Weather Updates

Hello,I am running FS9.1 with FSUIPC 3.8.5.0 (registered version) and WindowsXP Home.Installed ASA (upgrade from ASV6.5) and did not change anything on the option page.My major problems using ASA are:It seems, that ASA does not update weather inflight; I never saw the scrolling text on all of my flights (box checked) using ASA. I am using FSFlightKeeper with the option "Real Time Weather", as ASA is not supported yet and it shows me the updated wind directions for my destination while Xgauge always shows the original loaded situation. When I am inside the compression range of the destination FSFK shows of cause the "old" not updated weather information for my destination. While ASA is communicating with FS9, the "ASAFSUIPC_Log.txt" shows this:17:18:38:0875 - FSUIPC_Wx_Main: RequestTimeStamp : IPC sendmessage failed all retries17:18:49:0546 - FSUIPC_Wx_Main: RequestTimeStamp : IPC request contains bad data17:18:50:0687 - FSUIPC_Wx_Main: RequestTimeStamp : IPC sendmessage failed all retries17:18:51:0843 - FSUIPC_Wx_Main: RequestTimeStamp : IPC sendmessage failed all retries17:18:53:0000 - FSUIPC_Wx_Main: RequestTimeStamp : IPC sendmessage failed all retries17:18:54:0343 - FSUIPC_Wx_Main: RequestTimeStamp : IPC sendmessage failed all retries17:18:55:0500 - FSUIPC_Wx_Main: RequestTimeStamp : IPC sendmessage failed all retries17:18:56:0656 - FSUIPC_Wx_Main: RequestTimeStamp : IPC sendmessage failed all retries17:18:57:0812 - FSUIPC_Wx_Main: RequestTimeStamp : IPC sendmessage failed all retries17:18:58:0968 - FSUIP_new_weather_write: Thread was being aborted.: FSUIPC Unspecified Error number 0After loading FS for a new flight, I sometimes see the green scrolling text: "ASA initializing weather depiction", then the scenery loads again with time sets about 4 hrs ahead. After that the scroll bar shows "ASA initial weather depiction complete!" Sometimes the last text is shown without time changes but if I press "Refresh AI " time changes unwanted for shure. I reset time again and run FSRealTime preventing any unwanted time changes.Smaller issues are sudden graphical changes inflight (popping up clouds, or flying through heavy weather and all of a sudden confrontated with a CAVOK sky conditions and very soft Heavy Turbulences last night at KMSY- but this last issue can be changed by increasing the turbulence scale in the FS9.cfg)After reporting my troubles with ASA I will let You know, that I really like the automated "thermals" during approach, very nice! My best wishesHans-Christian

Hi,Are both ASA and FS set to use system time?Don't use both FlightKeeper weather and ASA weather.Don't use FSReal time. If the time changes in FS by more than a minute it causes a reload of textures and AI Traffic.Thanks,

Hi,And if you don't use Flightkeeper or FS Real Time, this keeps happening?Thanks,

Hi Jim,the time changes in the first minutes, when I start a flight. Only ASA (1st loaded) and FS are running. FSRealTime and FSKeeper not connected to the sim.The green scroll bar tells me, that ASA is initializing, then, or with it, the scenery loads immediatly again with an unwanted change of time. three or four hours ahead and only full hours are changing, minutes and seconds stay the same; then the ASA scroll bar tells me that the initial weather depiction is complete. So I have to reset the time and ASA accept this, without changing the time again.I noticed, that the screenshots of ASA shown in the documentation, have no checkmarks at all on SimTime or RealTime. I tried this too, but sadly to say, the result was the same. So the time changes always, whatever I check or even without checking something here.I never tried a flight without rechanging the time. I will do this, just to see, if the weather will update inflight, because, as I said before, I never saw the green ASA scrollbar during a flight, showing me the weather update.Jim, thanks for Your assistenceRegards Hans-Christian

I never tried a flight without rechanging the time. I will do this, just to see, if the weather will update inflight, because, as I said before, I never saw the green ASA scrollbar during a flight, showing me the weather update.
I can confirm all that Christian is saying above, regardless of what the time settings in ASA are, it will always push the clock ahead anything between 2 to 4 hours on initial weather set. I think it also does this every time the user invokes "refresh AI". I've never used FSKeeper or FSRealitime.Can you guys please confirm the in-flight weather update behaviour though? I've never seen a green scroll throughout my ASA flights either, so I've assumed this was by design and that ASA just updates the weather in the background without an on-screen scroll message like AS6 had?

Hi All,I have confirmed this and reported in another thread here and I have reported this on our bug system.Thanks to everyone for their help on this!

Hi,I just want to let you know, that besides the well known time changes and the stratus/cumulus issue on high altitudes, ASA is running now very nice on my system.The other issues I moaned about, were caused by my settings in FSUIPC (wind smoothing, visibillity smoothing, which worked perfect with ASV 6.5).After turning both off in FSUIPC (as required in the manual, but I couldn