Sign in to follow this  
Guest M-Sauce

Uploading Pmdg Sid/stars

Guest M-Sauce

Hi guys. Does anyone know where to upload SID&STAR procedures for the PMDG products? What is the standard, where do most guys up-load SID/STARS??I thought I would up-load my latest to http://www.navdata.at/ , but when I try to select the PMDG products during the upload procedure, it only allows 767PIC. I've just finished some for UHMM, UHPP is next. ;)Mariano ::cheers::

See article: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSYou should be getting both navdata (airac) and sidstars from Navigraph (the standard). Terry Yingling, Steve Bell and I provide some free sidstars but in most cases the navdata and sidstars must be the same cycle.Navdata.at will not allow updates to PMDG sidstars due to a license agreement with Navigraph (Richard Stefan is involved in both activities).Navigraph isn't free but it is not expensive either. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest M-Sauce
See article: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSYou should be getting both navdata (airac) and sidstars from Navigraph (the standard). Terry Yingling, Steve Bell and I provide some free sidstars but in most cases the navdata and sidstars must be the same cycle.Navdata.at will not allow updates to PMDG sidstars due to a license agreement with Navigraph (Richard Stefan is involved in both activities).Navigraph isn't free but it is not expensive either. Hope this helps.
Thanks you Dan, and thank you for all your instrument procedures, I've used them for a while now :( So if I understand this, the link I provided is a website that is officially closed, so I can no longer upload there. The only place, and the standard, to upload instrument procedures is in AVSIM under the "FLIGHTPLANS" category. Is this right? If so, I will go ahead and upload the current procedures I have for UHMM, Magadan.One question Dan. I stopped using the AIRAC cycle because although I appreciate that they were faithfull to the real world (ie, earth's magnetic field shifts, which causes runways to be renumbered), I found that their files often meant that the runway heading on the ND in the aircraft often didn't match the heading in the airport scenery in FS9. So, what I usually do, is manually edit the NAVapts file so that the line the runway pictorial on my ND matches the FS9 runway layout perfectly. A bit anal, I know, but this is how it is in the real aircraft. So this has led me to retain my NAVapts file for a while, due to the fact that I've modified countless numbers of airports (mostly ones that have third party scenery add-ons).Is this still the case or have they made some file which adjusts the FS9's magnetic orientation to match the earth's one?Mariano :(

I have not found a problem with the navdata ILS course being different from the msfs actual ILS course. Once the airplane captures the ILS localizer, it will track it to the runway regardless of what is in the navdata. I wouldn't make the extra effort to edit the navdata for this purpose.Current navdata can be important. Just last cycle, new runways were added at three US locations and and fourth one change runway designations. These changes require sidstars and navdata be concurrent.Just my two cents.

Dan Downs KCRP