Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnMac

Fs2004 Does Not Recognise A Plane?

Guest JohnMac

I just installed a Hunting Percival Pembroke (pembrbaf.zip) But it does not appear in "Create a Flight" it seems all ok all the right folders etc. I have checked the *.air file with AirED Editor and line 105 *Aircraft Type=0 is correct and means it should appear.I have a utility called Aircraft Image Browsing Tool when run and the text file is updated it shows the aircraft.I am stymied has anyone got any suggestions why it does not appear. I have had this maybe once or twice in the past and then I would delete the plane, but now I would love to get to the bottom of this one. Regards JohnMac

Guest Gary Buska
I just installed a Hunting Percival Pembroke (pembrbaf.zip) But it does not appear in "Create a Flight" it seems all ok all the right folders etc. I have checked the *.air file with AirED Editor and line 105 *Aircraft Type=0 is correct and means it should appear.I have a utility called Aircraft Image Browsing Tool when run and the text file is updated it shows the aircraft.I am stymied has anyone got any suggestions why it does not appear. I have had this maybe once or twice in the past and then I would delete the plane, but now I would love to get to the bottom of this one. Regards JohnMac
One thing to check for is to open the aircraft cfg file and look closely at the line that says sim=_____this entry here has to exactly match the name of the .air file letter for letter case for case.An example the sim= line has Cessna182 but the name of the .air file is cessna182 this will not work and can cause it not to showThe same thing applies to what is inside the model folder you should find a MDL file along with a CFG file the file mentioned in the CFG file has to match the MDL file exactly :(

I just downloaded and installed the aircraft in question.The problem lies in the very first variation of the aircraft. It presently reads model=It should read like all of the other variations - model=mk51With that line blank, FS was looking for a model folder simply named model and there is none. There is however a model folder named model.mk51 (note the period) and after correcting that ommision the aircraft display properly in the aircraft selection dialogue.There are also errors in the textures being called for - another poster over at Flightsim has appended a file top his post which you can use to correct those errors. It worked for me - hope it works for you. :(

Guest JohnMac

Thanks Guys I felt confident someone would have the answers. You have given me more bits for to check when this problem occurs in future. Ronzie on the Flightsim forum wrote me a config file to sort this particular problem as there were a few errors in the original aircraft.cfg.Regards JohnMac :( :(

The late lamented MRAI issued an installer to insert real-world AI flight plans into FS9.It could also run a validity check on ALL aircraft installed for bad model=, sim=, ac#= and texture= statements and list out all the discrepancies.I don't know of any other prgram that does that and it's worthwhile digging out the MRAI installer and one MRAI flightplan (even if you don't go on to install it) just to get the validity check.I believe this is it.http://aifs.pvdveen.net/Download/MRAI%2 ... 1.24up.zipOooops that mey be an unusable link.Try this.http://aifs.pvdveen.net/download.htm

The late lamented MRAI issued an installer to insert real-world AI flight plans into FS9.It could also run a validity check on ALL aircraft installed for bad model=, sim=, ac#= and texture= statements and list out all the discrepancies.I don't know of any other prgram that does that and it's worthwhile digging out the MRAI installer and one MRAI flightplan (even if you don't go on to install it) just to get the validity check.I believe this is it.http://aifs.pvdveen.net/Download/MRAI%2 ... 1.24up.zip

ngxu_banner.png