Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VS0

White Skies Or Extreme High Alt Low Vis?

I've just installed active sky 6.5 and need some help.I have flight environment and ground enviro pro installed.I loaded a flight plan from heathrow and loaded up my sim and the weather looked realisic.Then i slewed up and I wasnt able to see any blue skies until I was at 34,000 feet. Im sure this isn't right because looking out of my window i can see little patches of sky through the clouds.Can anybody help me out with how to set AS up so i ONLY use textures from flight enviro and ground enviro pro and I am only getting the weather info from AS and no graphic effectsbecause my skies are basically white all over at all altitudes until i set weather to clear and then I have nice bright blue skies.Any help would be appreciated.Sorry if im missing something I have only used this product once before.Thank youRichy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've just installed active sky 6.5 and need some help.I loaded a flight plan from heathrow and loaded up my sim and the weather looked realisic.Then i slewed up and I wasnt able to see any blue skies until I was at 34,000 feet. Im sure this isn't right because looking out of my window i can see little patches of sky through the clouds.
The engine needs some time to "catch up" with your rapid slewing. The visibility should return back to normal for your selected altitude after a while (depending on your machine's speed, cloud cover, etc.). It's by design and nothing unusual as far as I can tell. Try doing the same thing but during an actual flight and things should be fine.

Ah thanks I'll give that a try.Sorry to waster your time posting something so obvious.Richy