Sign in to follow this  
timcook

Beta Library - Logging In Problems

With the file library BETA system I find that I have to login every time I go to the library - exactly the same problem as I have with the forums.With the existing file library system I do not have to login every time I go to the library. Consequently I find the new BETA library very much worse than the existing library. Tim

With the file library BETA system I find that I have to login every time I go to the library - exactly the same problem as I have with the forums.With the existing file library system I do not have to login every time I go to the library. Consequently I find the new BETA library very much worse than the existing library. Tim
Tim, what browser are you using?

Tim, what browser are you using?
IE7 version: 7.0.5730.13. I use Windows XP Professional as the operating system. Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with to solve this issue, as it obviously only affects some people.Tim

Guest Gary Buska

I used to have to log on every time as well But all I did was to change the cookie setting to not remove them until they expire.I use FireFox 3 for my browser. Also check to make sure you accept cookies from www.forums1.avsim.net : When the forum changed so did the link.

I used to have to log on every time as well But all I did was to change the cookie setting to not remove them until they expire.I use FireFox 3 for my browser. Also check to make sure you accept cookies from www.forums1.avsim.net : When the forum changed so did the link.
Tim, please try Gary's advice in tweaking your cookie settings even if it involves making just an exception for avsim.net (more secure than making it a universal policy). Let us know what happens.

Tim, please try Gary's advice in tweaking your cookie settings even if it involves making just an exception for avsim.net (more secure than making it a universal policy). Let us know what happens.
I had set my cookies as described some time ago when trying (and failing) to sort out my problems in staying logged in to the forums. Just to make sure I've got it right:
  • In IE7 Internet Options I go to the Privacy tab, and then the Sites button.
  • There I've added www.forums1.avsim.net and hit the Allow button.
  • I don't know if this is significant, but it then shows as avsim.net (always allow) in the managed websites list, rather than www.forums1.avsim.net? This list also has avsim.com as always allow as well. However if I go to the Security tab, and then Trusted Sites I do see http://forums1.avsim.net and http://www.avsim.com. The Require server verification tick box is NOT ticked.

Please let me know what else I can try.Tim