Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moggel

Scenery Bug

I'm often experiencing a really strange phenomena but I haven't been able to isolate the cause of it. What happens is that the wrong type of landclass seems to be loaded around my aircraft. Have a look at this top-down screenshot:The screenie is taken from the active runway at KJFK. It seems all coast lines and everything outside a certain range are correct (or, possibly, they're just an image FSX loads to give the "big picture") but inside that range everything is land, evern where there should've been water.Relating to textures and landclass, I have Ultimate Terrain X, GEX and REX installed (though REX was not "activated" before I started that flight, not sure it needs to but...). I also have AU BLUE but it's deactivated as I'm flying outside Australia.Has anyone else seen this?Thanks/Jonas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Seeing all land is frequently an indication of an issue with your terrain.cfg. This could be caused by using the FTX AU BLUE and it not correctly deactivating its changes it makes to that file for its use. UTX also makes changes to that file, and if you installed it when AU BLUE was activated, then the UTX changes will not be activated when you run in AU BLUE mode disabled. Good thing is that the UTX Setup Tool has a self-test and repair function when you start it just in case its required terrain.cfg entries have been removed. I therefore suggest you just start the UTX Setup Tool to see if it finds and/or repairs anything and then trying FSX again to see if things are better.Jeff

I have made this mistake, too. Now I try to avoid the 'Modify Texture Mappings for Ultimate Terrain Features' under the Advanced heading.