Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meshman

Overzealous News?

From the front page news;"It can truly be said that the release of the PMDG Simulations McDonnell Douglas MD-11 for Flight Simulator 9 has been the most anticipated release of this year."Still trying to digest the implications. Or the starkness of the statement. For 2009, nothing to be released will have the anticipation of the PMDG MD-11, so should any further product announcements be cancelled? Or given the release date of January 6th, does the release of the PMDG MD-11 overshadow those products that might have been released between January 1 and January 5, 2009?And if it can "truly be said", by whom?Too much for me to ponder. Happy New Year! :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

From the front page news;"It can truly be said that the release of the PMDG Simulations McDonnell Douglas MD-11 for Flight Simulator 9 has been the most anticipated release of this year."Still trying to digest the implications. Or the starkness of the statement. For 2009, nothing to be released will have the anticipation of the PMDG MD-11, so should any further product announcements be cancelled? Or given the release date of January 6th, does the release of the PMDG MD-11 overshadow those products that might have been released between January 1 and January 5, 2009?And if it can "truly be said", by whom?Too much for me to ponder. Happy New Year! :(
You surely don't take developers' advertising puffery seriously?

You surely don't take developers' advertising puffery seriously?
Haha, seems so :( I don't think anything currently in the pipes will get close to the "anticipation" of the MD-11, though, not this year. Maybe the Level-D 757...if it's released this year :( That said, I sure am glad us FS9ers finally have the MD-11! :(