Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Question For Tabs Or Whoever

I finally updated my Nvidia drivers a couple weeks back, but prior to that I had a version installed that didn't allow the user to delete the FS9 profile in Nhancer, so I had to disable the default profile and create a custom one for FS9 to get AA and AF to work.Now, that I've updated my drivers, the situation in Nhancer looks the same (one disabled, one custom), however, the AA and AF settings don't work. They look fine within Nhancer, but everytime I run the sim I have to Alt-Tab and rerun Nhancer and reclick the AA/AF boxes to get it to work. Do I need to delete the custom profile and make a new one? Are the newer drivers handling this process completely different now?Thanks!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Chris,Here's what I'd do:1. Download and install Driver Sweeper:http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper2. Uninstall the Nvidia driver through Add/Remove, do NOT restart when it tells you to.3. Run Driver Sweeper, select the "NVIDIA - Display" option, and press Clean.4. Uninstall nHancer and delete its settings folder. (I forget where this is and can't check because I have an ATI card now - just search for "nhancer" and it should come up - you're looking for a folder that has a bunch of saved nvapps.xml files)4. Now reboot and your system will be completely clean of the Nvidia drivers, including the profiles.At that point reinstall the latest Nvidia drivers, reboot, and reinstall the latest nHancer. You should have a totally clean configuration at this point and you can just override the FS9 profile (select the "allow changes to pre-defined profiles" or whatever the option is and it'll create the shadow profile automatically now.)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I finally updated my Nvidia drivers a couple weeks back, but prior to that I had a version installed that didn't allow the user to delete the FS9 profile in Nhancer, so I had to disable the default profile and create a custom one for FS9 to get AA and AF to work.Now, that I've updated my drivers, the situation in Nhancer looks the same (one disabled, one custom), however, the AA and AF settings don't work. They look fine within Nhancer, but everytime I run the sim I have to Alt-Tab and rerun Nhancer and reclick the AA/AF boxes to get it to work. Do I need to delete the custom profile and make a new one? Are the newer drivers handling this process completely different now?Thanks!
Hey Chris,With the 180.84 (I think) that is the version I am on now I just modify the global profile and the FS profile to match and haven't had any issues at all. What NHancer settings are you using and what is your HW?-PaulNevermind, Ryan was quicker

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Chris,
Thanks, Ryan. That worked!Paul, I tried it without nHancer as you stated using the 180.48 drivers as global and profile, but it wouldn't work. I had to install the new nHancer for it to even work.I'm on an 8800 GTS 640 by the way.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Thanks, Ryan. That worked!Paul, I tried it without nHancer as you stated using the 180.48 drivers as global and profile, but it wouldn't work. I had to install the new nHancer for it to even work.I'm on an 8800 GTS 640 by the way.
Sorry Chris,I should have said the default Global and FS9 profile within NHancer! my bad...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sorry Chris,I should have said the default Global and FS9 profile within NHancer! my bad...-Paul
Oh, I follow what you meant now. No biggie. :(

- Chris