Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ls25

cannot use ALT menus and other minor problems...

Hello all, I apologize for the similar topic to several others here, but in my searching, noting was at all specific to my problem that I could find...When I enter fullscreen mode, and press ALT to get the menus, they come up, but are not accessable with the mouse, or key shortcut. I have to go to window mode. When I switch back & forth I hear a ding, which has never happened before.I am not sure what is going on. I assumed it was the display drivers, but that has not fixed it. I am on a fresh install of XP after downgrading from Vista. Any ideas?Nvidia 8800GTSInt Q6600 QC @ 2.8MHz2GB ram (I know it is not a lot now a days, but I have never run out of memory)Any help is greatly appreciated

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have noe note on the ALT key.Try this.Go to you FS9.cfg and make a backup copy in case of a problem.Open FS9.cfg in notePadFind HideMenuNormal=If it is 0 change it to a 1If it is 1 change it to a 0save the fileWhy? .. my note does not tell me!Worth a quick try!

Thanks for the help.I actually got it to work now. I completely removed the nVidia drivers, then reinstalled & all is well.Thanks