Sign in to follow this  
ssanchez

VOXATC, How do I start a new flight?

Hello,I have a question about how to start a new flight after landing at the destination Airport?Lets think of a two leg flight... from KOMA to KLBB to KTUSI set up the first leg in the Flight Sim Flight Planner... No problems there. I land at KLBB without any incidents. Then... I deactivate VOXATC, and set up a new flight from KLBB to KTUS. I load the flight from the flight planner from the FS Menu (I'm not officially ending the flight in FS nor going to the free flight screen) and once I'm at KLBB I activate VOXATC, but VOXATC thinks I'm still flying the first leg of the trip.The FS GPS shows the new flight, the FS Nav log shows the new flight, but the only way I can get VOXATC to see the new flight is to end the flight then start again from the Free Flight screen...How do I reset VOXATC without having to go all the way out to FREE FLIGHT? Is a PITA to have to change fuel and other settings just because VOXATC wont read the new flight plan.ThanksBTW, Im using FSXSP2, Vista 64 and VOXATC 5.55

Hello,I have a question about how to start a new flight after landing at the destination Airport?Lets think of a two leg flight... from KOMA to KLBB to KTUSI set up the first leg in the Flight Sim Flight Planner... No problems there. I land at KLBB without any incidents. Then... I deactivate VOXATC, and set up a new flight from KLBB to KTUS. I load the flight from the flight planner from the FS Menu (I'm not officially ending the flight in FS nor going to the free flight screen) and once I'm at KLBB I activate VOXATC, but VOXATC thinks I'm still flying the first leg of the trip.The FS GPS shows the new flight, the FS Nav log shows the new flight, but the only way I can get VOXATC to see the new flight is to end the flight then start again from the Free Flight screen...How do I reset VOXATC without having to go all the way out to FREE FLIGHT? Is a PITA to have to change fuel and other settings just because VOXATC wont read the new flight plan.ThanksBTW, Im using FSXSP2, Vista 64 and VOXATC 5.55
After you have set up your new flight plan and loaded you need to save the flight itself. Then load that newly saved flight, if you are setting up a SID/STAR on that flight you will need to have the SID/STAR set up in VoxATC and load that flight twice, otherwise just the first loading will let VoxATC know that you are on a new flight. VoxATC is going to look at the loaded flight, not just the flight plan so you have to be operating out of a saved flight for it to know what you want it to do.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

After you have set up your new flight plan and loaded you need to save the flight itself. Then load that newly saved flight, if you are setting up a SID/STAR on that flight you will need to have the SID/STAR set up in VoxATC and load that flight twice, otherwise just the first loading will let VoxATC know that you are on a new flight. VoxATC is going to look at the loaded flight, not just the flight plan so you have to be operating out of a saved flight for it to know what you want it to do.
Thanks... I have the flight saved... I will try loading twice, altough I believe I tried this before (loading twice). I just dont want to have to have to go to the free flight screen to load my flights every time...Heres what Im doing...Ending the first flight... Disable VOXATC... Load new flight (Flights -> Flight Planner -> Load)... Allow FS to move my plane to start airport ... Once there, I'm activating VOXATC but VOXATC thinks I'm still in my old flight, even tough GPS and Nav Log show the new flight...I'm too dumb for the SID STAR configuration... I tried that before without any success so I'm not messing with that

Thanks... I have the flight saved... I will try loading twice, altough I believe I tried this before (loading twice). I just dont want to have to have to go to the free flight screen to load my flights every time...Heres what Im doing...Ending the first flight... Disable VOXATC... Load new flight (Flights -> Flight Planner -> Load)... Allow FS to move my plane to start airport ... Once there, I'm activating VOXATC but VOXATC thinks I'm still in my old flight, even tough GPS and Nav Log show the new flight...I'm too dumb for the SID STAR configuration... I tried that before without any success so I'm not messing with that
You are not doing this correctly. You are only loading a new flightplan, you have to save the flight situation itself, then load that saved flight. This is not done from the flightplanner, it is done after making the flightplan.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Im sorry, but I'm lost... Would you care to explain this newb how to do it correctly? I now realize (because of the terms you use) this may also be the reason I cannot use the SID or STARS in my flightplans.I read the manual to this regards but I'm lost with the SITUATION term...

You are very close. Quote from a previous messageEnding the first flight... Disable VOXATC... Load new flight (Flights -> Flight Planner -> Load)... Allow FS to move my plane to start airport ... "STOP HERE see below" Once there, I'm activating VOXATC but VOXATC thinks I'm still in my old flight, even tough GPS and Nav Log show the new flight...From the main menu go to Flights | saveenter a new flight name click saveNow Flights | Load load the flight you just saved. Hope that makes sense.Harald