Sign in to follow this  
Guest zannu

Flying MD11 whit Radar contact

Guest zannu

Hi PMDG team first tanks for this airplane is very marveleous!!! but I have a question. I'm using Radar Contact addon and always fly more or less at 30.000 ft or more but i can't follow the management descend because at 130- 135 nM to airport of destination the program tell me to start descend but FMC of my plane is not ready for descend (no T/D point reaching) in what king of way I can modify the T/D point om my FMC? thanks and for great planes tooDani

Your question is discussed on page 50.3 of the FMS manual. Select your lower altitude and roll the V/S wheel to 1,000 fpm descent. Re-engage PROF and the plane will descent at 1,000 fpm until the profile is recaptured.Tom

In certain phases of descent commands you can request a "PD" or pilot discretion that will allow you to adhere to the FMC TOD down to the lower enroute stratus of ATC. Be sure you have RC 4.3 build 4.3.0.3843 or better. If not post on the RC forum here on AVSIM.If you do not have the RC 4.3 updated manual you can get it from here:http://www.jdtllc.com/documentation.htmand search the manual for pilot discretion.

Guest slgiblin

I'm having an issue with the radar contact comm window. I have the window assigned to a hot key in fsuipc so that I can turn it on and off with the space bar. I'm having a problem after arming the cabin doors for departure. The "cabin doors armed message comes up and will not go away and I can no longer open the radar contact window. Is there a way to disable these messages? Am I missing something?Thanks,Steve

I think you need to assign another key that is not used elsewhere. I do not use the MD11 but I assigned CTRL-X for this function by editing/adding AdvDisplayHotKey=88,10 into the general section of FSUIPC.ini. (Always make a safe copy renamed so you can undo any damage by editing errors.) I also recommend if you do not use FS ATC and you are on FS9 adding RemoveATC=Yes to that section to avoid atc.dll crashes that occur with FS ATC not running but using RC or another ATC program. If you have v 3.85 of FSUIPC it is on page 11 of the FSUIPC user guide.

I'm having an issue with the radar contact comm window. I have the window assigned to a hot key in fsuipc so that I can turn it on and off with the space bar. I'm having a problem after arming the cabin doors for departure. The "cabin doors armed message comes up and will not go away and I can no longer open the radar contact window. Is there a way to disable these messages? Am I missing something?Thanks,Steve