Sign in to follow this  
out

Tutorial flight alerts

I've made the tutorial flight trying to follow each step.However I've ended up with three alerts not willing to be cured in any way:X_indications.jpgI wonder why since:- I made sure there is no door open- clicking the HYD test on the overhead panel brought no resultsAnd what about the MISC alert?Best regards,Rafal

Rafal,The first alert is just that. It's telling you the HYD test failed. Now why it failed is a different problem all together, and one I'm not qualified to answer.The door open alert means you either haven't closed the doors, or more likely, you didn't arm them. It's been awhile since I've looked over the tutorial, so I'm not exactly sure how things are supposed to go. But open the MCDU, and check the doors. Click menu, the FS Actions shortcut, then cabin doors. Make sure all the doors are closed. If they are, try clicking "arm all" to arm the doors. Once that is all done, the alert should vanish.The MISC alert is telling you to go the MISC status page. To do that, bring up the system display using the SD button and you'll see it pop-up. Then select MISC using the button and it will show you the alerts.Hope this helps. :(

Thanks, Mike!You guys are really quick there at PMDG.You ought to make a concorde next time!I tried to get rid of the HYD PRES test alert by performing the test (clicking the approapriate button), but I didn't manage to.As for the doors, yes, I've ommited arming them via FMC, so that must be it.And the MISC, OK, I haven't even given this SD page a look. :( Thank you and best regards,RafalX_Kloten_resize.jpgAfter the succesful tutorial flight

Check the system manual, page HYD.10.6 covers the test on several pages. There are many preconditions for performing the test. I don't recall the tutorial having this as a step. Regardless the answer is in the book.The test can be performed with no engines running and the AC ground bus is energized. A second test is then performed with EGN IGN on but before engine is started.This is not a test that can be done with engines running.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks, DanSo it's clear why I had no success in performing the test in flight in order to remove the alert.Will surely learn the manual's hydraulic test part.Everyday I learn something new.Best regards,Rafal

Rafal,I asked about this and was told that in order to clear it, you need to switch the system to manual, then switch it back to automatic, and it should clear. Hopefully you won't have this problem again :( , but if you do, just do that and you should be good to go.

Thank you, MikeThat is exactly what I will do should it happen again.Nice to have professionals around.Best regards,Rafal