Sign in to follow this  
JHepburn

Question re: FS9 Purchase

I posted a similar question to the support mailbox, but I will cross-post here in case others have a similar question. My apologies if this has been asked and/or answered previously.I purchased the FSX version of the MD-11 when it came out in the hopes of stepping away from the FS9 platform. It seems that I've found myself back with FS9 purely from a performance standpoint. I'd like to also purchase the MD-11 for FS9, but shelling our another $80 isn't doable for me at the moment. Hindsight is definitely 20/20, but I'm hoping there is some sort of upgrade to the combo package for those who had originally purchased the FSX version...$40 is certainly more doable than $80.Is this something that you guys offer or would consider? Thanks for the fantastic product!!Jeff HKDEN

I would also be interested to hear whether there will be any possibility for a fs9 downgrade dealfor fsx users with performance problems.I've seen this question asked several times now, it would be nice to have an answercheersJon

I traded a few emails with Paul at PDMG support. The answer I received is 1) This is not currently supported, and 2) he will suggest it to the team but makes no promises.I guess that's better than a flat out "No". Jeff

Hello PMDG,I was just curious if you had at all entertained the idea of an "upgrade" package from a single to dual platform purchase? In other words, I purchased the FSX version, but I could upgrade to the package deal for the difference in price?Thanks!Jeff Hepburn

I traded a few emails with Paul at PDMG support. The answer I received is 1) This is not currently supported, and 2) he will suggest it to the team but makes no promises.I guess that's better than a flat out "No". Jeff

They gave you a chance to purchase both simulations at a discount when you initially made the purchase. You chose to forgo the combo package and put yourself in this position. Given the way this sort of thing has been dealt with in the past, I would say you have almost no chance of getting an "upgrade" price for the FS9 MD-11.I bought the combo on MD-11X release day but if I had selected the FSX only option, I would not hesitate to just outright purchase the FS9 version as well. While saving 40 dollars is nice, you are at fault for the situation and the extra money you spend will go directly towards helping support PMDG and their future developments... Which is obviously in your interest, no?

Your answer is both presumptive and rude. Honestly, if I had $120 to blow at the first go around, then I would have done it. I didn't have it, so I didn't spend it.In the end, it's PMDG that loses. They could make $40 more from me.Jeff

They gave you a chance to purchase both simulations at a discount when you initially made the purchase. You chose to forgo the combo package and put yourself in this position. Given the way this sort of thing has been dealt with in the past, I would say you have almost no chance of getting an "upgrade" price for the FS9 MD-11.I bought the combo on MD-11X release day but if I had selected the FSX only option, I would not hesitate to just outright purchase the FS9 version as well. While saving 40 dollars is nice, you are at fault for the situation and the extra money you spend will go directly towards helping support PMDG and their future developments... Which is obviously in your interest, no?

This isn't a layaway system. You buy them together you get a discount. Don't expect PMDG to cut you a deal on it unless they decide to open that sort of deal to everyone... Which I doubt will happen as they have already offered a discounted package. P.S. The quote goes before the response.

I'm glad you speak for the team. I'm glad I directed this question at you. Your answers have provided valuable insight into nothing. Nice job. :(

This isn't a layaway system. You buy them together you get a discount. Don't expect PMDG to cut you a deal on it unless they decide to open that sort of deal to everyone... Which I doubt will happen as they have already offered a discounted package. P.S. The quote goes before the response.

I'm glad you speak for the team. I'm glad I directed this question at you. Your answers have provided valuable insight into nothing. Nice job. :(
Though we do have insight now into the fact that 'ephemeral' has a brown nose....and strong meaningless opinionsJon

I too want to upgrade my FSX only MD11 to the bundle but it appears that it is a no go by looking at the lack of an official response here. I've spent a few quid on PMDG aircraft this last few months, the MD-11 for FSX and the PMDG 737NG 600-700 and 800/900 add-on for FS9 which I've just got back into after 2 years of exclusive FSX use. I simply haven't got the $80 for the FS9 version and at the time I bought the MD11 for FSX I had no clue that I'd get back into FS9 again. I can live in hope though I suppose :( .

Cheers, Andy.