Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eeveeman

How to make microphone work

How do you work a microphone? i have downloaded Teamspeak from the internet, but I would like to know how it works and how to work it.can you help me out please?!thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How do you work a microphone? i have downloaded Teamspeak from the internet, but I would like to know how it works and how to work it.
Most mic rigs use a talk button to acivate the transmission of your voice, although some, such as Teamspeak, do allow you the option of activating mic transmission by way of simply raising your voice to the required level. Personally I'd rather push a button than raise my voice so that I can more easily control what gets sent, but the choice is yours.On Teamspeak there is a Settings menu which lists the Sound Input/Output settings. Simply set a key which will activate the mic for you.On FSX Multiplayer activating the mic is done by pressing the Caps Lock key by default, but you can set it to any key you like in the Controls/Assignments/Buttons and Keys dialogue.As for getting Teamspeak to work, you need to enter the IP address of the server you want to connect to. Go over to the Avsim Round the World Race Forum and look for discussions about setting up Teamspeak there. We use Teamspeak to communicate during the race.If you're using GameSpy multiplayer facilities you don't need Teamspeak. Just set up your mic in the Windows/Sounds dialogue and you should be good to go from there.Good Luck! :( Mike.