Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dicko

Dome light and emergrncy lights around the wrong way?

After furthur testing it seems that the emergency lights illuminate the cabin of the MD11 exactly as the dome lights did before the update. My last flight was of a night and using the emergency lights the cabin lighting was fantastic. Panels looked clear with no miky appearance.Is it possible they have been accidentally swapped? Is there any way I could swap the operation of the dome and emergency lights around as you can't assign a keyboard command to the emergency lights.Andrew Dixon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

After furthur testing it seems that the emergency lights illuminate the cabin of the MD11 exactly as the dome lights did before the update. My last flight was of a night and using the emergency lights the cabin lighting was fantastic. Panels looked clear with no miky appearance.Is it possible they have been accidentally swapped? Is there any way I could swap the operation of the dome and emergency lights around as you can't assign a keyboard command to the emergency lights.Andrew Dixon
bump

This appears to be a common problem for many (myself included) and I believe they're working on it or atleast know about it.Jay V.

Andrew, We are working on this. It is not an issue of swapping.In the FSX version after the update for some (unknown yet) reason dome lights do not function. Nothing changed for the emergency lights, these lights work as before, they provide the same type of lighting as the dome lights but dimmer.The "miky appearance" you refer to has to do with flood lights (not dome, nor emergency). We are looking at it as well

Andrew, We are working on this. It is not an issue of swapping.In the FSX version after the update for some (unknown yet) reason dome lights do not function. Nothing changed for the emergency lights, these lights work as before, they provide the same type of lighting as the dome lights but dimmer.The "miky appearance" you refer to has to do with flood lights (not dome, nor emergency). We are looking at it as well
Thanks for your reply Michael

Whew, I thought it was ME and that i was loosing my vision..... computers, fix one thing......break another.....Gary Trammell

Errrrr, some developers beta test stuff before releasing updates and such. It makes life so much easier sometimes. :( Aaron Isaacs
Aaron thanks for the advice. Never thought about it.From now on we will start doing some beta testing before release, like the other developers do, to avoid such serious errors that make the aircraft unflyable and spoil your enjoyment :(