Sign in to follow this  
JimVT

Cookies

With ALL due respect to the AVSIM honchos, requiring cookies is a royal pain in the butt.Even with firewalls and filters I get tens of tracking cookies stuck in my files every day when some site requires cookies.Cookies may be an aid, in some small way, to the site operator in identifying a user but each time I encounter a cookie requirement I have to go to Internet Tools, Privacy and unblock!Is't logging in enough?Again, I appreciate all you folks do but toss the cookies out the cargo hatch.JimVT

With ALL due respect to the AVSIM honchos, requiring cookies is a royal pain in the butt.Even with firewalls and filters I get tens of tracking cookies stuck in my files every day when some site requires cookies.Cookies may be an aid, in some small way, to the site operator in identifying a user but each time I encounter a cookie requirement I have to go to Internet Tools, Privacy and unblock!Is't logging in enough?Again, I appreciate all you folks do but toss the cookies out the cargo hatch.JimVT
Cookies are what allows you computer (the client) to remind the computer the forum runs on (the server) who you are after you log on. Without cookies forum software wouldn't be able to implement user names/passwords. Without User names and passwords forums wouldn't have any way to prevent spam, copyright violations or other objectionable post content. Wanting forum software without cookies is a like wanting a computer with absolutely no memory. It just isn't practical. :(

Cookies are what allows you computer (the client) to remind the computer the forum runs on (the server) who you are after you log on. Without cookies forum software wouldn't be able to implement user names/passwords. Without User names and passwords forums wouldn't have any way to prevent spam, copyright violations or other objectionable post content. Wanting forum software without cookies is a like wanting a computer with absolutely no memory. It just isn't practical. :(
Sorry can't quite buy that.At least two sites I frequent (only a quick check) Sampson AFB Veterans and Korean War Vets do not require cookies and all features are available.JimVT

Sorry can't quite buy that.At least two sites I frequent (only a quick check) Sampson AFB Veterans and Korean War Vets do not require cookies and all features are available.JimVT
Well Jim, I don't know what to tell you. Cookies are a fact of life on the net. We are not going to shut down our forum's functionality for one user. 51,000+ users have no issues with the use of cookies; implementation yes, use, no.