Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSE

MD11 / FS9 - Autobreak disengages with reverse thrust applied

Guest TSE

CaptainsAfter the first few test runs with the MD11 in FS9, I have one remaining issue:The autobreak kicks in normally but then disengages when in MIN setting as soon as I apply reverse thrust, when I switch back to idle thrust, autobreak comes back on.This does not occur when autobreak is in MED or MAX setting. This behavior was there prior and after applying the FS9 patch.I retested the same in FSX and there the autobreak function is as expected, the issue therefore is limted to FS9 for me.Two other questions, first one re the panel state files - I have FSUIPC autosave activated in FSX and Pete Downsons Autosave in FS9 - I'm using the FS bird now since October and have accumulated812 MB of panel state files. Just stumbled over it by accident.Is there a possibility/setting that would keep just the last 5 or 6 files, similar to the settings available in FSUIPC and or Autosave ?Last one - minor thing, too: when I reload a saved flight, the chrono is always showing 00:00 and starts counting from scratch - any way that the flight time/airborne time gets saved with the situation ?ThanksJoerg

Hmm, if hte problem was happening in both, I would guess that it's the logic of the system, that MIN autobrake doesn't need brakes to slow the plane down at the correct rate when reverse thrust is engaged, and then it'll start braking to retain the correct rate of slowdown as soon as the reversers are stowed at 80kts. Have you applied the update on both?-stefan

I have FSUIPC autosave activated in FSX and Pete Downsons Autosave in FS9 - I'm using the FS bird now since October and have accumulated812 MB of panel state files. Just stumbled over it by accident.Is there a possibility/setting that would keep just the last 5 or 6 files, similar to the settings available in FSUIPC and or Autosave ?
Pete Dowson added the functionality to do this in FSUIPC4, I think it may be in version 3 for FS9 too, although at the moment I'm not sure if its in the general release of FSUIPC, it certainly is in the current interim version though that can be downloaded from his forum.

Cheers, Andy.

The autobreak kicks in normally but then disengages when in MIN setting as soon as I apply reverse thrust, when I switch back to idle thrust, autobreak comes back on.This does not occur when autobreak is in MED or MAX setting. This behavior was there prior and after applying the FS9 patch.I retested the same in FSX and there the autobreak function is as expected, the issue therefore is limted to FS9 for me.
MIN and MED settings operate autobrakes so that a target deceleration rate is maintained (lower for MIN, higher for MED). MAX applies constant full braking. So it is possible with a light aircraft/low landing speed if reverse thrust alone achieves this deceleration target rate that brakes stop applying until deceleration rate falls below the target, and this could happen when reverse is disengaged.In FSX the autobrakes modeling is a bit different, because the same amount of commanded brakes has different effects on actual braking than in FS9. This could be the reason you don't see that in FSX. Still in this case the red BRAKES message will correspond to a minimal, almost zero braking power (something like 1%).
I have FSUIPC autosave activated in FSX and Pete Downsons Autosave in FS9 - I'm using the FS bird now since October and have accumulated812 MB of panel state files. Just stumbled over it by accident.Is there a possibility/setting that would keep just the last 5 or 6 files, similar to the settings available in FSUIPC and or Autosave ?
Have a look at Pete's support forum at this thread:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...3362395c835e3cdThere are some settings you can add in fsuipc.ini that will solve this problem
Last one - minor thing, too: when I reload a saved flight, the chrono is always showing 00:00 and starts counting from scratch - any way that the flight time/airborne time gets saved with the situation ?
This issue came up during some stage in beta testing and I remember it was fixed. Or not? Maybe my memory doesn't help me here. I'll check this one again and fix it if required for the next update.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest TSE

Thanks guys for the feedback.re autobrake - yes you are right, my observation was based on the appearance/temporary disappearance of the red brake message in FS9 PLUS the factthat the FS9 bird seems to need more RWY to slow down than in FSX.I setup a similar situation both in FSX and FS9 (2500 altitude and then final ILS approach to 22L at JFK) with the MD11 and while in FSX the plane slowed down nicely to 15-20 kts between J and Z, in FS9 I nearly overshot with reverse thrust and autobrakes on MIN.Thanks for the hint re FSUIPC - very useful, that will take care of it.The problem with the chrono showing 00:00 after reload is still there - at least for me.ThanksJoerg