Sign in to follow this  
Dondo

Screen saver CTD?

I'm grasping at straws here, but could the Vista screen saver come on and crash FSX (or X-Plane) if you have your plane set up from cruise? Meaning, autopilot, hands off the mouse/controllers for extended period of times? FSX (and X-Plane), both crash out anywhere from 10 minutes to 25 minutes each time I fly. I'm just sitting here thinking about what I am doing when I get CTD. While not everytime, often I am just letting the plane fly. What about the monitor going to "sleep"? Do you guys disable all of the power saving stuff when simming? I guess it would be easy enough to try when I get home.Dondo

Hello,I'm facing so many troubles, CTD's-PC/screen freezing-white or blue screen with vertical lines, since 6 month now, that i'm freezing too...I tried a lot of things: several uninstall/install, CPU's & Memory tests, defrags, ending unneeded processes manually or with AlacrityPC, changing the GC & the memories, returning the PC to the guys where i bought it for checks etc...For the flight part: all kind of FSX settings, weather conditions, with flight plan or without, missions, aircrafts, addons, sceneries etc...FSX is still crashing from 10mns till 1hr and RARELY NOT, the last complete & successfull flight was 2 days ago KLAS=>KSEA 2.4 hrs TT, IFR with real weahter download and all settings on the right, what a flight :( Unfortunately i can't give you some clue except that trying everything you can, disabling the power saving could be a good thing just try...Courage,Cheers,FSX deluxe with AccelPack, Vista HPremium64.

Hello,I'm facing so many troubles, CTD's-PC/screen freezing-white or blue screen with vertical lines, since 6 month now, that i'm freezing too...I tried a lot of things: several uninstall/install, CPU's & Memory tests, defrags, ending unneeded processes manually or with AlacrityPC, changing the GC & the memories, returning the PC to the guys where i bought it for checks etc...For the flight part: all kind of FSX settings, weather conditions, with flight plan or without, missions, aircrafts, addons, sceneries etc...FSX is still crashing from 10mns till 1hr and RARELY NOT, the last complete & successfull flight was 2 days ago KLAS=>KSEA 2.4 hrs TT, IFR with real weahter download and all settings on the right, what a flight :( Unfortunately i can't give you some clue except that trying everything you can, disabling the power saving could be a good thing just try...Courage,Cheers,FSX deluxe with AccelPack, Vista HPremium64.
Sorry for your troubles. I know what you're going through though. I finally fixed most of my problems however. I installed Windows 7 Beta. I was at the point where I was going to try reinstalling Vista and decided that I would do the Windows 7 thing. So far, so good. Everything seems to be working without a hitch simulation wise.