Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cliffie1931

Why can't I disengage autothrottle after touch down?

Normally, with Autoland engaged in the MD-11, I'm able to activate reverse thrust after touch down.However sometimes I can't reduce speed despite hitting "Z" to disengage the autothrottle. What am I doing, or not doing, please?Cliff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Normally, with Autoland engaged in the MD-11, I'm able to activate reverse thrust after touch down.However sometimes I can't reduce speed despite hitting "Z" to disengage the autothrottle. What am I doing, or not doing, please?Cliff
"Z" Disconnects your Autopilot, not Autothrottle (A/T; ATS). Assign a different key to your yoke or keyboard if you need to, otherwise A/T disconnect is whatever MS defaults to, as with "Z". FWIW, you don't need to disconnect A/T in the MD-11, it does it for you on TD. Make sure you hardware throttle is idle and not interfering.

"Z" Disconnects your Autopilot, not Autothrottle (A/T; ATS). Assign a different key to your yoke or keyboard if you need to, otherwise A/T disconnect is whatever MS defaults to, as with "Z". FWIW, you don't need to disconnect A/T in the MD-11, it does it for you on TD. Make sure you hardware throttle is idle and not interfering.
I've now assigned a key to disengaging the autothrottle should this happen again. Incidentally the throttle lever on my joystick was indeed closed.FSX does not assign keys for Autothrottles but, following your suggestion, I found the MD-11 facility and was able to assign it from there.Thanks Chris.Regards....................Cliff

I've now assigned a key to disengaging the autothrottle should this happen again. Incidentally the throttle lever on my joystick was indeed closed.FSX does not assign keys for Autothrottles but, following your suggestion, I found the MD-11 facility and was able to assign it from there.Thanks Chris.Regards....................Cliff
CliffOut of interest, what key assignment did you use to turn off Auto throttle?

FSX does not assign keys for Autothrottles but, following your suggestion, I found the MD-11 facility and was able to assign it from there.Regards....................Cliff
Chris, Assigning a key through the PMDG menu as you did is fine. You could also assign a default FSX key instead. See the introduction document of the manuals for a list of supported default FSX commands and how they are interpreted. This has the advantage that you can also use joystick/yoke buttons for the assignment.

CliffOut of interest, what key assignment did you use to turn off Auto throttle?
I used the hash # button next to the ENTER button as it didn't have anything else assigned to it. I haven't yet had time to check whether it does the trick but presumably there's no reason why it shouldn't serve the purpose.Cliff

I used the hash # button next to the ENTER button as it didn't have anything else assigned to it. I haven't yet had time to check whether it does the trick but presumably there's no reason why it shouldn't serve the purpose.Cliff
Thanks!