Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

FS9 doesn't recognize CD4

I'm in the process of re-installing everything and I had a lockup and had to reboot, well since then it doesn't recognize CD4 anymorehow do I fix this?thanksbs

Ciao!

Guest belga1

Hello,Ways to fix it:Buy FS9 again (very cheap now)Contact Microsoft and hope they will send you a new CD N

First, see if you can explore with my computer any other CD and if OK the FS CD4 in that drive. We're checking general drive condition access here since your installation had problems.

Guest belga1

Hello,

First, see if you can explore with my computer any other CD and if OK the FS CD4 in that drive.
Read the original post again ....
well since then it doesn't recognize CD4 anymore
So ... we can assume the CD drive is able to read CD N

I've heard of people contacting microsoft and getting a replacment cd, having never done it myself im not 100%.As said above i would try cleaning it, if that doesnt work i would probably just go buy aother copy of it as you can get it for dirt cheap nowadays.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest Verrou

I'm having the exact same problem... Just reinstalling on my Vista machine and it installs fine until I get to CD No4 :( I guess I'll try to ring Microsoft and get a replacement, but they are pretty tight in New Zealand :S

Guest belga1

Hello,

Just reinstalling on my Vista machine and it installs fine until I get to CD No4
That's a common problem.Many peoples used to have the CD N