Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keenrw

MD11 swaying when using heading mode

Hi All Still loving this MD11 , its the only A/C i use at the ( and i have like tons of other A/C in the Hanger all rusting away now ) moment and im still finding out things i never knew and making mistakes on Vatsim due to the way the heading select works :( ( like turning left instead of right to a given heading as i turned the knob all the way round dohhh ) , ... talking of the heading select when im using while being vectored on the approach , speed 180 and flaps 15 or 28 i have noticed that the MD11 seems to rock or sway left and right has any one else noticed this ? its the FS9 version ,.. i remembered i had this with the PSS 777 when it was on final and it turned out i was going too slow for the flap setting used . Thanks a lot PMDG Rich

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi All Still loving this MD11 , its the only A/C i use at the ( and i have like tons of other A/C in the Hanger all rusting away now ) moment and im still finding out things i never knew and making mistakes on Vatsim due to the way the heading select works :( ( like turning left instead of right to a given heading as i turned the knob all the way round dohhh ) , ... talking of the heading select when im using while being vectored on the approach , speed 180 and flaps 15 or 28 i have noticed that the MD11 seems to rock or sway left and right has any one else noticed this ? its the FS9 version ,.. i remembered i had this with the PSS 777 when it was on final and it turned out i was going too slow for the flap setting used . Thanks a lot PMDG Rich
YEA not enough flaps. 35 to 50 depending upon weight.

You DO NOT need flaps 35 or 50 to fly at 180KIAS. Most controllers in the UK will ask operators to fly the approach at 180KIAS until intercepting the localizer. Flaps 15 or 28 depending on weight is quite sufficient.As for the swaying, this has already been noted by other users. I'm flying the A/C in FSX, and it happens at 180KIAS with flaps 15 or 28. The A/P tends to hunt left, right left etc...Regards,Martin Neep