Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TC1

interesting error message and result

This evening after reading on a number of different news web pages about another virus attack against Microsoft products, I visited the the Microsoft web page and updated my software. Since I don't like the their auto update feature, I visit their site on average once a week to check for updates. I also checked for software updates to my Spybot Search and Destroy Program, but there were no required updates to their software package.At the time that I searched for updates for the Spybot Program I also ran their recovery program. That portion of the software captures and isolates software problems and issues that they determine to be a menace to your computer. After running recovery to delete files that they have found since the last time I ran recovery, I started FS9. During to load of FS9, I received a message that stated that I had a bad license for the 767-300 and that FS9 was shutting down. I have a legal copy of the Level-D 767-300ER software installed and it runs under FS9. No matter how I loaded FS9, I received the same error message and the program failed to boot. I fixed the problem by running the restore program the operates under Windows XP.Has anybody else ever incountered this problem and do you have an idea what causes it? I'm certain that it was a file that I deleted when I ran the Spybot recovery option, but I don't understand why Spybot would have thought/found the Level-D software to be a problem. I would also like to identify the name of the file so that I never delete it again.ThanksTom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Tom,Funny - I got this error just this morning; I've basically killed off my XP for FS installation, and moved it over to Vista - I've kept Flight Sim on its own partition (makes life a bit easier - and quicker - should you ever reinstall the OS, as most scenery and acft are still in place). I got the error too - I figured that it occured as either a registry key or something in C:\Windows (on the Vista install) was missing - I am fairly certain, from memory that F1 do put something into the OS directory, but never really worried what - I'm guessing that Spybot picked up this file as something dodgy..HTH, Leo

I've had the same problem. I discovered That McAfee virus scan is detecting the Level D license dll as a trojan and quarantining the file. It can be restored but will be quarantined again if you don't turn off the active detection. It will also be quanantined during a scan. I submitted the file to Mcafee but I'm not sure if I did it correctly. Hopefully it will be dealt with with the next update.Steve