Sign in to follow this  
Guest serhanjackson

Weather Radars? What and How?

Guest serhanjackson

Hi everyone. Just a little problem, someone may know how to solve it. Flight1 Atr 72-500, DA Fokker 70-100, PSS 777 add-ons hae got on-board Weather radar. It's very useful and make it a bit more realistic. But I couldn't manage the set-up weather radar. probably, I don't know how does it work? I just keep turning knobs and buttons. No luck! can anyone teach me how to use weather radar? how should I read them? Especially ATR 72-500.. Weather radar not displaying any clouds at all... ?

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

WX radar doesn't display clouds. They display areas of precipitation. More advanced models (most of which are now) can also display lightning strikes and terrain.While manuvering at lower altitudes set the stablization to 'On' if so equipped. Newer sets have auto stablization so you probably don't have to worry about that. Set the elevation to about level.The stablization allows the dish to lead the aircraft during a turn so you can see what is in your path.At altitude, set the elevation to about 3-5

Guest serhanjackson
WX radar doesn't display clouds. They display areas of precipitation. More advanced models (most of which are now) can also display lightning strikes and terrain.While manuvering at lower altitudes set the stablization to 'On' if so equipped. Newer sets have auto stablization so you probably don't have to worry about that. Set the elevation to about level.The stablization allows the dish to lead the aircraft during a turn so you can see what is in your path.At altitude, set the elevation to about 3-5

The FS weather environment does not really provide a good method of feeding back areas of precipitation. This has been a constant criticism of developer PMDG when stating why they do not provide weather radar on their panels.I use a weather radar instrument for FS made by Reality-XP. While not perfect it does provide some localized returns based on precipitation in the area and assumes the precipitation is denser in and under dense cloud formations. You can build the instrument into your panel via their installer utility or add FS Panel Studio to the mix to get it accurately placed. The product page is http://www.reality-xp.com/flightsim/wx500/index.html.The weather application Active Sky at one time and perhaps still does include a weather radar. In earlier times I never did have much success with it but I'm sure it has been improved.

Hi everyone. Just a little problem, someone may know how to solve it. Flight1 Atr 72-500, DA Fokker 70-100, PSS 777 add-ons hae got on-board Weather radar. ---------------------
--------------I believe that the ATR 72 does NOT have weather radar- even though the switches on the EFIS panel can be rotated. (The only reference to this that I can find is in the Tutorial Flight TFFR-TFFF, Page19.) The REALITY weather radar works fairly well as mentioned by Ronzie. It comes as standard on the DreamFleet Bonanza.Alex ReidDreamFleet Bonanza- Rainy afternoon near Port Washington, WA