Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cynigel

MD-11 FS9 SID/STAR Problem

Hi Folks,Can someone help me out here, I have just installed the MD-11 in FS9 & started out on the tutorial flight, I got all the way to BLM went to load the STAR as per the tutorial and NO STAR.OK, I had a similar problem ages ago when the 747 first came out, so I updated my SID/STARs from Navdata to 0901 and tried again, NO STAR. I went back to Navdata and downloaded the PMDG All Products SID/STAR for LSZH, installed it to the PMDG SIDSTARS folder and tried again.This time just sat at the gate at EGLL I tried to load the STAR for LSZH as perscribed in the tutorial, guess what... NO STAR.Anyone got any ideas on what I need to do to resolve this issue?TIANigel Crump.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Verify that the sidstar files are in the correct location ...fs9/PMDG/SIDSTARS folder.Look for sidstar file in that location named LSZH.txt. Open with any text editor and verify that it has items in the STAR section (starts with STARS ends with ENDSTARS). If this checks out, then the problem is with the way you are trying to select a star. The MD11 is significantly different from the 737/747 in this regard. I have used this location recently and believe it to be free of errors (if there is an error in the sidstar file there are no messages, just a NONE for SIDS and STARS on the screen to select procedures)Select a star for the flightplan xxxx/LSZH after the flight plan is strung together up to the first fix of the STAR or before. Use LAT REV at the last fix of the flightplan route but not the destination.Hope this helps.