Sign in to follow this  

I've just built a new PC - Asus Rampage Formula; Q9650; 4GB DDR2; GTX 260 Core 216; WD 750GB and WD 500GB.My plan is to do clean installs of install XP and FS9 and then Vista and FSX. I want to be able to run FS9 in XP as I have many FS9 addon aircraft and scenery which will not run in Vista 64. I also want to run FSX in Vista 64 (to enable 4GB DDR2) and have the option of running FS9 in Vista 64 too. I realise I will need to double up on graphics drivers etc. I had difficulty with partitioning when installing XP (the original version) as it did not recognise large disks in NTFS. It gave me no options where to install XP or the size of the partition. I ended up with this:Disk0 698.64 Gb called D: 127.99 GB NTFS (XP, drivers etc installed here)/ 570.65 GB unallocatedDisk1 465.76 GB all unallocatedDisk0 is faster than Disk1 and has more cache. I had planned to install Vista64 and FSX on it rather than on the smaller, slightly slower Disk1.What to do? Should I make new primary partitions on the larger disk for Vista and FSX, and install FS9 on the smaller disk in a primary partition?Any advice gratefully received.John

Supporter.png

John

Since you are just starting out with these I suppose there is not much on them yetSo just go forward where few brave souls have ever gone beforeAnd find out by experience....Best wayYou can always redo it