Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Cheyenne and ASA incompatible ?

When I load ASA, and start FSX, whenever Flight1's Cheyenne is present, either at loading situation or after, FSX crashes.It will not crash under under identical situations with ASX.Any other aircraft is OK with FSX/ASA (either build of ASA)Just the Cheyenne, which I have uninstalled, re-installed, to no reliefAnyone else get this?Allen(FSX SP1 +SP2, ASA build 355)

Hi,There is a conflict with their weather RADAR. Pretty sure they have a way of disabling it.Thanks,

Hi,There is a conflict with their weather RADAR. Pretty sure they have a way of disabling it.Thanks,
I was unable to find any reference to this method of disabling their radar.Do you know of any?I really like the Cheyenne, as Im sure others do too.Allen Edited by peppy197

ThanksThe renaming worked.I never used the weather radar except to display my waypoints, which still works.Allen

Guest Brad33712
Allen, check here, as the same problem occurs with REX:http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/ind...hp?topic=755.15In <fsx folder>\Digital Aviation\DB there is a folder called FP_WXR. Rename it to something else, EG: aFP_WXR.Obviously, until we have a fix for this, no weather radar on the wonderful Cheyenne.
The real question is who is responsible for fixing this? Is it Digital Aviations responsibility? Or Aerosoft who seems to now have the rights to the Cheyenne? Or should HiFi figure out why their program "ASA" is interfering with the Cheyenne's radar and create a fix for it? ASX didn't have this issue, did it? Personally I think it's Hifi's responsibilty since it's "their" program that's not playing nice... I think it just a little overly ambitious to have tried to make ASA compatable with both FS2004 and FSX... Too many issues and compromises to deal with... HiFi should have two dedicated programs one for FS2004 and another for FSX... releasing software with bugs / issues will cause customers (Like Me) to flee or search for an alternative. I'm Running FSX with FEX and I am/was seriously considering ASA as a must have weather engine add-on... The whole concept is awesome... But I have, and fly, the Cheyenne and I don't want it corrupted! I also don't want my instrument panels altered with Xgauge... I like realism... I want to set my weather up before flying then take whatever comes just as one would get in real life... I'm a real world pilot and I fly FSX for IFR practice... I don't want Xgauge on my panels so I can play GOD in the middle of a flight by changing the weather... Am I correct in my understanding that Xgauge installs on all your aircraft panels? Also back to the Cheyenne since I ran off on a tangent... When I see ASA is fixed and playing nice with no major complaints (Cheyenne can use it's own radar) I'll be in line to purchase this...

Hi Brad,Should we be forced to purchase every 3rd party plane out there and beta test every feature of the plane and our software? What if fixing one thing for one plane breaks something else for another plane, then what?We do look to test with as many different combinations as possible and work with other groups to find ultimate solutions when conflicts arise. An example of this is PMDG and DWC.If you want a weather engine for FS04 look at ASV6.5. If you want a weather engine for FSX please look at ASX. Brand new ways of doing things are going to raise specific issues, and having a combination FS04/FSX piece of software has nothing to do with this.X Gauge is totally optional and requires a user to run a second installer so you are not correct about this. X Gauge does not allow you to change the weather so no GOD issues there.Thanks,