Sign in to follow this  
MD11freak

US Africa Repaint

Hey Guy,I have the PMDG MD-11, and I absolutely love it. It has great systems and is fun to fly. My Grandfather was the chief of ops for US Africa Airways, and I was wondering if anybody has or could do a Repaint. It is a fairly simple paintjob, and could be done quickly and easily. P.M me if you need some pictures.Chris Clarkson

Guest wazzawazza73

Pictures would aid your request. A.k.a links to Airliners.net photos.

I know the one you want its similar to Americans colours .Lee Marrow

yes it does look like the American Paint. The tail number on the aircraft is N1758B. Just search that on A.net and click on US Africa Airways and your good to go.I will Pm you guys with a link to the pics on a.net cause the forums doesn't alow me to add them from some reason.Chris CLarkson

Guest wazzawazza73

You don't need to do that-just post the links to them here. Much easier.

I hope it's fine to reply with a few screenshots here. I have tried to comply with Chris' request, here's the result:usafricaairways2.jpgusafricaairways3.jpgusafricaairways5.jpgAll handpainted and as accurate as I could get it. There are not to many photos out there.Comments are welcome! :)best regards,ChristianP.S.:Chris aka MD11Freak, I hope it's fine that I post these screenshots here ;)?

Beautiful job Chris!!But where does actually fly this airline?Nick

Guest Alias

Gosh..the smallest airline of all times :(

Beautiful job Chris!!But where does actually fly this airline?Nick
Thanks Nick!With reference to this article, it seems like USAfrica mainly flew between Washingotn Dulles and Johannesburg repsectively Cape Town with a fuel stop in Cape Verde between 1994-95. Pretty interesting routing I'd say, atleast not the common North America Europe transatlantic flight.Christian

I hope it's fine to reply with a few screenshots here. I have tried to comply with Chris' request, here's the result:usafricaairways2.jpgusafricaairways3.jpgusafricaairways5.jpgAll handpainted and as accurate as I could get it. There are not to many photos out there.Comments are welcome! :)best regards,ChristianP.S.:Chris aka MD11Freak, I hope it's fine that I post these screenshots here ;)?
YA Dude no prob. This will be my grandfather surprize b-day present from me. He has wante a repaint for the md-11 and i'll get you guys some insider info on USF but here a cool little fact. The planned radio callsign was going to be cheetah.Chris