Sign in to follow this  
enyap

Megascenery Earth loading times

Only solution for all this is...Get GEX or wait until Orbx releases their fabulous North American package for FSX. If you have seen the screenshots for FTX Australia (Hard to get scenery and data for that continet) then you will see why its highly praised. Not everything is photoreal for the Australian packages but landclass and non-photoreal tiles are the best route for some countries and it gives the developer more time to search for errors, not have disappointing bugs (don't mean to degrade any products but non-photoreal scenery means a lower chance of clouds ending up on your terrain), and vivid, real colors. :)I recommend you guys go the Orbx website and try the FTX demo for Tasmania. Its truly amazing and for a continent that is hard to get good quality scenery for, this is just AMAZING! Try it out now! :(

Guest ArtieLange
Only solution for all this is...Get GEX or wait until Orbx releases their fabulous North American package for FSX. If you have seen the screenshots for FTX Australia (Hard to get scenery and data for that continet) then you will see why its highly praised. Not everything is photoreal for the Australian packages but landclass and non-photoreal tiles are the best route for some countries and it gives the developer more time to search for errors, not have disappointing bugs (don't mean to degrade any products but non-photoreal scenery means a lower chance of clouds ending up on your terrain), and vivid, real colors. :)I recommend you guys go the Orbx website and try the FTX demo for Tasmania. Its truly amazing and for a continent that is hard to get good quality scenery for, this is just AMAZING! Try it out now! :(
While FTX is a great product, it's not for everybody. I tried the demo, first thing is the mode on/off thing, that alone makes it a no go product for me. While the textures look great, it still suffers the same issues that default textures have, rivers running through buildings, roads laid on top of ponds etc. I'm not saying it's a bad product, but it's just not for everybody. I'm curious to see what the forest areas will look like for the PNW, I hate how default texture replacement packages makes it nothing but a carpet of green. If you look at google earth or megascenery PNW you will see this area is not a carpet of trees, but full of clear cuts, meadows, blow downs, and avalance chutes. I'm more into realism that some pretty but generic textures.