Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lifter191

Replacement Graphics Card Software Install Sequence

I've just ordered a nice new XFX 9800GT XXX 512mb Graphics card for my FS9 rigWhilst I know how to change a Graphics Card, I'm unclear on the sequence of events I need to perform to load the new driver software successfully. I've read that I need to remove all traces of my old driver software..The card I will be taking out is an XFX 7600GT 256mb card.I know that I need to remove my current driver software from the add/remove programs in control panel... I think I then need to run a piece of software to completely remove any trace of any remaining bits... What this software called?What's the most recent and stable nvidia driver software version that will work best on FS9?I've used nhancer to improve my flight sim graphics in the past and currently have version 2.3.2 installed is the still a good version to use?Is there a set of recommended settings in nhancer for this graphics card.... I'm just looking for a basic set that I can then fine tune my own system tooMy current system is:AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Brisbane 3.1ghzAsus M2N68-AM2 Gig of DDR2 Kingston RAMThanksSteve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

SteveYou are on the right track. This posts explains it very well: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=16154After using the ADD/REMOVE option in windowsYou can use a program like driver cleaner pro (usually in safe mode) to remove all traces of the old driver.Reboot and use something like CC Cleaner (optional)You could then close down your PC remove the old card and install the new one.Ignore any Windows offers to install the driver.Once in Windows install the new driver, set up your card (Install nHancer if you need it) and away you go.Guru3d has some good tips on installing new cards and you can dl a driver cleaner from there.I have a card similar to yours and I am using the latest official WHQL drivers from nividia 181.22 and that works fine.RegardsPeterH