Sign in to follow this  
crj700US

Cloud Popping still Evident

Hi Everyone!First off thanks to HiFi for another terrific weather engine! I've use ASV 6.5 for a long time but I must say ASA has greatly improved the realism in FS9 through better turbulence, better overcast and cloud situations, and more stable winds. I have installed the beta patch but I am still having random cloud popping usually during climbout. My last two flights SDF-ORD and ORD-ORF have had cloud pops on climbout through FL110 and FL130. I don't have local suppression on and I am still not sure if I should have this on or not so any kind of detailed explanation of how it exactly it works would be great! My last question is in reference to turbulence. I have the updrafts and downdrafts set to maximum and even in heavy turbulence, it still doesn't seem very rough. Are there any plans or way to increase this even more?Once again thanks for enhancing my sim experience even more!! I look forward to the patch when it is available!Mike

Hi Everyone!First off thanks to HiFi for another terrific weather engine! I've use ASV 6.5 for a long time but I must say ASA has greatly improved the realism in FS9 through better turbulence, better overcast and cloud situations, and more stable winds. I have installed the beta patch but I am still having random cloud popping usually during climbout. My last two flights SDF-ORD and ORD-ORF have had cloud pops on climbout through FL110 and FL130. I don't have local suppression on and I am still not sure if I should have this on or not so any kind of detailed explanation of how it exactly it works would be great! My last question is in reference to turbulence. I have the updrafts and downdrafts set to maximum and even in heavy turbulence, it still doesn't seem very rough. Are there any plans or way to increase this even more?Once again thanks for enhancing my sim experience even more!! I look forward to the patch when it is available!Mike
You could try this for popping clouds, scroll down to post 65.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...=50&noref=1I haven't tried it myself, does any of the Hifisim team have any advice about it?JOhn

Thanks for the info John. Unfortunatley, I use FS9 with ASA so I don't think that this fix will work for me. I appreciate the response!Mike

Guest ashwath

hi, i've tried the cloud flickering/popping fix or whatever for FSX, long time back. it works only for the default FSX weather and not ASA. even after applying the fix, clouds still pop up and flicker when the weather is updated every now and then.regards,

Hi John,No idea about the fix you linked to. We are still looking into this issue.Thanks,