Sign in to follow this  
dc9man

WSSS Singapore Changi will not load

Whenever I try load WSSS Singapore Changi into FS9 the loading graph stops at 1% then the simulator freezes and I have exit it via task manager. Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this? Thanks in Advance Tom Helwick KLVM Montana, USA

Whenever I try load WSSS Singapore Changi into FS9 the loading graph stops at 1% then the simulator freezes and I have exit it via task manager. Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this? Thanks in Advance Tom Helwick KLVM Montana, USA
Sorry I cannot help - it loads just fine for me. It is a very "plain" enhancement of the airport (no jetways etc.) so you are really not missing much.EDIT added: This is not a scenery enhancement at all - it is just an afcad with many parking spaces added to the default FS2004 airport.No wonder it does not "enhance" the airport in any visual way! I am speaking of the file named kaecwsss_141879.zip from the library here. The default airport loads just fine for me also.If you are speaking of the default airport, it may be possible the file(s) relating to it have become corrupted and need to be restored from your install disks.It (along wioth many others) is in the Scenery/Asia folder. It would likely be smart to restore the entire Asia folder if you decide you need to try that.These resources will be helpful in that regard:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Good Luck!

Sorry I cannot help - it loads just fine for me. It is a very "plain" enhancement of the airport (no jetways etc.) so you are really not missing much.EDIT added: This is not a scenery enhancement at all - it is just an afcad with many parking spaces added to the default FS2004 airport.No wonder it does not "enhance" the airport in any visual way! I am speaking of the file named kaecwsss_141879.zip from the library here. The default airport loads just fine for me also.If you are speaking of the default airport, it may be possible the file(s) relating to it have become corrupted and need to be restored from your install disks.It (along wioth many others) is in the Scenery/Asia folder. It would likely be smart to restore the entire Asia folder if you decide you need to try that.These resources will be helpful in that regard:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Good Luck!
Dave, Thanks for the information I'll try and recover the scenery, I've also had this issue with several Europeon airports as well ie Charles DeGaul.

Dave, Thanks for the information I'll try and recover the scenery, I've also had this issue with several Europeon airports as well ie Charles DeGaul.
Before you get in restoring anything, check to see if you have any terrain enhancements installed for this area. If so, disable them and see if that fixes the problem.That would at least pinpoint the culprit.

Before you get in restoring anything, check to see if you have any terrain enhancements installed for this area. If so, disable them and see if that fixes the problem.That would at least pinpoint the culprit.
Opa, Tried everything you suggested but still get the same result, I wonder if my disk 4 is damaged in that sector. I hate the idea of uninstalling FS9 for a reinstall then having to load all those add-ons again since I've got lots of add on aircraft and liveries not to mention upgraded airports and the like. Oh well, I guess I wont be flying out of Chiangi. tom a.k.a. dc9man

Opa, Tried everything you suggested but still get the same result, I wonder if my disk 4 is damaged in that sector. I hate the idea of uninstalling FS9 for a reinstall then having to load all those add-ons again since I've got lots of add on aircraft and liveries not to mention upgraded airports and the like. Oh well, I guess I wont be flying out of Chiangi. tom a.k.a. dc9man
Disk 4 has nothing to do with it - that is only used to start the game - you can remove it entirely after the game has booted.I would experiment with disabling other airports in the general area - perhaps even hundreds of miles away. One of you other addons may be causing the problem.Keep us posted.

Disk 4 has nothing to do with it - that is only used to start the game - you can remove it entirely after the game has booted.I would experiment with disabling other airports in the general area - perhaps even hundreds of miles away. One of you other addons may be causing the problem.Keep us posted.
Opa, Yesterday I tried Kuala Lumpor (sp?) in Malaysia it and it came up great no problem and I've other occurrences like for instance going from Frankfurt Main to De Gaul. Frankfort was fine but when I finally got over to De Gaul there was nothing to be seen except the AI traffic and nothing but blurs on the the ground............very strange. Incidentally I have no add ons for Europe and Asia besides FS Global 2008 which I deactivated on the settings/scenery menu of FS9 for the test. Tom

Opa, Yesterday I tried Kuala Lumpor (sp?) in Malaysia it and it came up great no problem and I've other occurrences like for instance going from Frankfurt Main to De Gaul. Frankfort was fine but when I finally got over to De Gaul there was nothing to be seen except the AI traffic and nothing but blurs on the the ground............very strange. Incidentally I have no add ons for Europe and Asia besides FS Global 2008 which I deactivated on the settings/scenery menu of FS9 for the test. Tom
Well if you are really wanting to track down the problem, I would then suggest disabling all scenery addons you have (use the option in the scenery library dialogue).Then check to see if the offending airport will now load. If it does, then start adding your sceneries back in, five or so at a time and checking after each group. Sooner or later the problem will show up again.That is tedious I know, but is often the best way to track down the culprit.Also check for any empty texture folders in all of your additions. If you find one, delete it. An empty texture folder can cause all kinds of strange things.Good luck.