Sign in to follow this  
ghostrider 112

FSX Flight problem

Hi Guys,I was wondering if any of you might be able to help me with the following problem.When I reach cruise altitude, let's say FL30 at Mach .78, my plane will fly normally for a while the jump to Mach .90 and veer wildly. It will correct itself over a minute or two then jump down to 180 knots and veer wildly. It will correct itself and then repeat the process until I start my descent. Then all is well.It makes no difference which plane I use, any ideas?My systemCore i7 920 w/ 9 gig RAM at 1333 / ATI 4870 1 gig /30" monitor at highest resolution/ Vista 64 with the latest up grades / UAC and file indexing off.Add onsActive Sky X / Ultimate Terrain X / Ground Environment X/ Flight Environment X / Level D 767 X / Ariane 737 900 ER X2 / Wilco AirbusesThanks

Guest firehawk44
Hi Guys,I was wondering if any of you might be able to help me with the following problem.When I reach cruise altitude, let's say FL30 at Mach .78, my plane will fly normally for a while the jump to Mach .90 and veer wildly. It will correct itself over a minute or two then jump down to 180 knots and veer wildly. It will correct itself and then repeat the process until I start my descent. Then all is well.It makes no difference which plane I use, any ideas?My systemCore i7 920 w/ 9 gig RAM at 1333 / ATI 4870 1 gig /30" monitor at highest resolution/ Vista 64 with the latest up grades / UAC and file indexing off.Add onsActive Sky X / Ultimate Terrain X / Ground Environment X/ Flight Environment X / Level D 767 X / Ariane 737 900 ER X2 / Wilco AirbusesThanks
Sounds like it's weather related. Wind sometimes gets behind aircraft and pushes it forward causing a sudden increase in speed; then gets in front of the aircraft and pushes it backward decreasing the speed. Sometimes increasing or lowering your altitude will get you into cleaner air. Maybe upgrading to Active Sky Advanced will help? Best regards,Jim

Maybe upgrading to Active Sky Advanced will help?
No, it won't...

I know the problem. Yes it's a weather related thing. Bad weather, mainly when ther are some big depressions about. Fly slower to avoid damage, fly lower or higher to get out of the wind (probably lower is the best) (by the way what plane can stand this hit of mach 0.9? :( When the gustst of wind aren't that bad any more (at the lower level) you can consider (after 10 mins. or so) to go to your flightplan level again. If you realy don't like it to happen at all, stop "downloading winds aloft". :(

Guest firehawk44
No, it won't...
LOL.Thanks for your input.Jim