Sign in to follow this  
Guest livestn

newby need help/advise

Guest livestn

I was trying to take some screenshots using fraps. but it turn out like this(see attachment)very dull and the plane don't light up property, i know it's not fraps's fault because it look like that when i am flying too.what i want is make screenshots that looks like thisCAC210M_pic3.jpgthis has more light on the aircraft which looks more realfor those of you who know something(probably most of you), is it FSX or FS9? can i get that quality in FS9? because that's all i have

Try turning anti-aliasing on; the jaggies are quite apparent in some of the lines in the attachment. Anisotropic filtering is also something you may want to switch on.

I was trying to take some screenshots using fraps. but it turn out like this(see attachment)very dull and the plane don't light up property, i know it's not fraps's fault because it look like that when i am flying too.what i want is make screenshots that looks like thisthis has more light on the aircraft which looks more realfor those of you who know something(probably most of you), is it FSX or FS9? can i get that quality in FS9? because that's all i have
Hi,The reason your screenshot looks a little underlit is because you've shot into the light to use a photographic term. The sun is behind the aircraft so the side of it visible to you is predominantly in shadow.You'll get the most impressive images by positioning the sun between 45-90 degrees to your shooting angle. That way there will be plenty of highlights and shadow to give the picture some punch.Taking screenshots is much the same as taking photographs. The position of the light source is critical. In the other image you provided notice how the sun is behind and above the aircraft causing reflections on the wing. That's what photographers aim for to produce quality images. Same goes for commercial screenshots. :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest livestn

so i got it to work, sort of, but not really, it changed the setting to increase the hardware render lights and the global max texture size to from high to small or even very small. and yes, i check the anti-aliasing. but here is the catch, it switched from good one (right after i set it) back to the bad one so i had to keep resetting the setting and reloading the game. also when i go back to the display setting, nothing has change in the setting. so i had to change some setting like from 1024 to 1280 or from bilinear to trilinear etc just so it will reload, any thought?