Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest 56th_Angel_Dust

Captain Sim 757

Ok so I have had the Captain Sim 757 for a while now but never really used it due to the fact its FPS killed my machine. Now since I have upgraded the PC I have been flying around in it. It has some crap features but overall its a fairly decent addon. However there is one thing about this plane that is driving me insane. Is it underpowered??? I get to 33K feet and the thing just simply does not want to climb anymore, starts stalling out etc. even with the vertical speed set around 800 ft/m In short is there a way to fix this problem (perhaps update or edit files) or is it another captain sim issue.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ok so I have had the Captain Sim 757 for a while now but never really used it due to the fact its FPS killed my machine. Now since I have upgraded the PC I have been flying around in it. It has some crap features but overall its a fairly decent addon. However there is one thing about this plane that is driving me insane. Is it underpowered??? I get to 33K feet and the thing just simply does not want to climb anymore, starts stalling out etc. even with the vertical speed set around 800 ft/m In short is there a way to fix this problem (perhaps update or edit files) or is it another captain sim issue.
If your heavy with alot of fuel, it probably is normal. Airliners like this do what's called step climbs. If you program the FMC, it will calculate it for you, it will tell you the optimum and Max altitude for the aircrafts current condition. As you burn off fuel and get lighter, the max altitude will increase, and you can climb higher then.

As said above, sounds like you're too heavy with fuel for the aircraft to climb further. I've never found the CS 757 to be under powered as long as you set it and the FMC up correctly.