Sign in to follow this  
BartEnder

Performance problem again on HighEnd system

I even try to disconnect a TH2Go, plays on one screen at 1680x1050 and still the same :) Max is 25fps inside the Bushawk (I will stick to that plane during the remaining tests - I it nice to have a reference - same weather, same landscape and plane). Today I will put WinXP x86, install bare FSX sp2 + Bushawk and see if it will be any improvements.So far I think that a bottleneck im my FSX-computer is FSX itself... It is a shame that MS abandoned creating FS11, especially when the code in FSX is full of errorsPS I know that Aerosoft's Bushawk XP is framerate-hungry :)

I even try to disconnect a TH2Go, plays on one screen at 1680x1050 and still the same :) Max is 25fps inside the Bushawk (I will stick to that plane during the remaining tests - I it nice to have a reference - same weather, same landscape and plane). Today I will put WinXP x86, install bare FSX sp2 + Bushawk and see if it will be any improvements.So far I think that a bottleneck im my FSX-computer is FSX itself... It is a shame that MS abandoned creating FS11, especially when the code in FSX is full of errorsPS I know that Aerosoft's Bushawk XP is framerate-hungry :)
Everyone will tell you that it is better to use default planes for reference testings. Default Cessnas or 737 ...Because they are closer to FSX coding.Pierre

Pierre

Hi again. I have found somewhat the solution - RAM. I have switched MoBo and RAM for a faster one and I have stable 50-80fps on default flight with sliders maxed out. The rig now looks:Q9770 (Core2Extreme 4x3.20GHZ, 1600MHz)4GB OCZ Reaper (2x2GB, 1600MHz CL7)Asus Striker MoBo (nForce 790i)Nvidia GTX280 1GB RAM300GB VelociRaptor 10krpmTripleHead2Go (3840x900)On Bushawk it is 30-40fps which is well enough.I have found that it is big trio in FSX - CPU/GPU and RAM. The most important is not to get fastest CPU possible, but have all three components similiar in performance. Many people says - get the fastest CPU possible. I did it (from E8500 to QX9770) - there was no difference (or very small one). I have to swich GPU (which also doesn't get noticable FPS improvement), then MoBo for a better RAM support.

Guest rdg

Hi,I have a QX9650 and a 8800GT. The CPU has a mild oc of 3.5 and the GPU is OC'd to 705/951 and running 4 gig ram and using the 3GB switch with XP. I also followed Nicks performance guide to the letter --- Big Help! I also use Nhancer and Forceware 180.48. Now video drivers were a real challenge for me. I must have tried 10 drivers. Each had their own little issues. Some of the drivers I used produced hugh spikes in FPS, and some, although there were spikes, the spikes were not as strong. But with all of them over time, FSX would Freeze or I would get CTD's and sometimes complete reboots. Sometimes it would happen within 2-3 minutes and other times 30-60 minutes. I always flew the same route for testing. 34R out of KSEA towards downtown , keeping the downtown buildings always in view. Then make a mild turn to the west keeping the buildings and KSEA and Boeing field in view and then 180 back towards KSEA then landing back on 34R. This seemed the most taxing on the CPU and GPU while testing. It turned out that my video drivers were the problem every time. After settling on the current drivers, I have not had a problem since. Flying the route described my minumum FPS is 22 and the average was about 28 with little spikes to 30-33 or so. So I was very happy. It took alot of time, but I never changed too many variables at once. If while testing, make one change at a time, and do a reboot and start fresh start with FSX with each change. This is important. Also for me, and some may roll their eyes, but I use the AffinityMask setting and only use 3 cores. For each change in drivers or FSX.cfg changes I also removed the AffinityMask setting to test, and everytime It would kick me out into a reboot within 15 minutes of flying my route. Even when I was able to fly for 15 minutes or so, the smoothness of the Sim was definately effected. These are my settings in FSX.MegaSceneryX (Washington State)Clouds - Max @60miMyTraffic - 50 Commericial, 75 GAWater - Mid2 (love the cloud reflections)Traffic - Cars, Boats etc all @30Scenery Complexity - Very Dense and No AutoGenScreen Rez - 1920x1200 using Anisiostropic - I get better smoothness with Anisio than I do using Trilinear. Dont forget to try it.No Light Bloom as I am running dx9c.LOD - 6.5 - If using other than the default of 4.5, make sure when you make any custom settings in FSX, this will get reset back to 4.5. If you are testing make sure to check this before you load FSX. I cannot stand the blurries, and 6.5 does a great job for me.Using FEX clouds - 512x512Using FEX water - 512x512 with 512x animationUsing FEX sky - I believe I have this @ 512.I fly GA only and use primarily Carenado, RealAir simulations and a few others. I do fly the Eaglesoft SR22 Turbo, but because of the glass cockpit, I do start to see some strain when in heavy areas. Still very flyable though, but not as silky as the others.RegardsBob G