Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest rdg

Looking for a 1gig Video Card - Advice Please

Hi,I currently have a 512mb card (8800GT OC), which I am considering a 1 gig card. So much out there I just get lost. I do not use SLI, although the system can use them. I am running an LGA775 socket MB.I am really happy with this Video card, but I think the extra memory would help.Any help would be much appreciated.RegardsBob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Will you be running a 32 bit or a 64 bit OS? With that much ram you will be able to set a high bufferpool setting in the CFG but you will need a 64 bit OS to be able to do it with good results. I learned that the hard way.

Will you be running a 32 bit or a 64 bit OS? With that much ram you will be able to set a high bufferpool setting in the CFG but you will need a 64 bit OS to be able to do it with good results. I learned that the hard way.
Hi,Yea, I read that on another forum. Too bad really. Anyway, many said my video card is fine. So i am now focusing on OC efforts for the CPU. I did find out that my video card drivers (latest and greatest) pretty much suck. I went back from the 180.xxx to the 170.xxx versions. I could not believe the difference. Anyway, thanks a bunch for chiming in.regardsBob

Hi JW, What benefits do you have using high bufferpool setting? I am using a 1GB card now and a 64 bit OS, but I wonder what it will do . . .Noel