Sign in to follow this  
Jeff_B

MD-11 APU (sound)

What a fantastic product the MD-11 is, every aspect of it. Does the APU have an external sound when it is running? (without engines started). I know they have modelled the aircraft in all aspects to reflect the real thing and was wondering if the APU is quiet in real life. My comparison is to the Level D 767 which has a beautiful sounding APU when started and running.Anyone know more on this.Regards,Jeff Blyth

What a fantastic product the MD-11 is, every aspect of it. Does the APU have an external sound when it is running? (without engines started). I know they have modelled the aircraft in all aspects to reflect the real thing and was wondering if the APU is quiet in real life. My comparison is to the Level D 767 which has a beautiful sounding APU when started and running.Anyone know more on this.Regards,Jeff Blyth
Hello JeffI think you have to create any APU-Sound at your own. Just like me. I have inputed the apu config lines in the sound.cfg at the end of all entries and have inserted a wav-file to the other original pmdg-md-11-sound files. That works very fine to me and makes a lot of pleasure if the big baby is parked at the gate or on the ramp..!Here you can see a port of mine entries in the sound.cfg (ge or pw):"////****AB HIER TEST APU BORSI 10JAN09**** ! ! ! ! re-configured on 21Jan09;APU-extern-Sound[JET_WHINE.1.15]filename=Int-APUflags=0viewpoint=1rparams=0.050000,1.000000,0.200000,0.250000vparams=0.035320,13.829787,0.200000,0.000000,0.200000,0.000000,0.200000,0.000000,0.200000,0.000000,0.200000,0.000000,0.200000,0.000000,0.200000,0.000000link=JET_WHINE.1.16[JET_WHINE.2.14]filename=Int-APUflags=0"Maybe you can do it the same way.Always 4 greens...Boris

Guest policeman

Hi, witch wav.file do you use for this?RolandGermany

Hi, witch wav.file do you use for this?RolandGermany
Hi Rolitake sounds of other (freeware)Planes or mix your own sound with GOLDWAVE or other good programs. Doesn't matter which file you take, you only have to call the exact name of it in the sound.cfg, that's all. Then it will be played.Boris