Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Anybody else getting frustrated?

They know all they have to do is post some pretty pics of the exterior and VC and people will be queueing up to hand over their credit card numbers. Once the customer has the buggy and unfinished product installed it's too late, CS already have their money! They can then fob off the unhappy customers with vague promises about a patch or SP. If customers start to get a bit too irate simply shut down the customer forum! In the meantime start making the next batch of pretty screenshots and post them on the website, all is forgotten and the next batch of lemmings are queueing up to hand over their credit card numbers. It's all quite clever really, in a very twisted way.When they introduced their "block" purchase system it raised this to new heights. Now they don't even need to *pretend* the product is complete before they can sell it!
So we are lemmings now? Not all of us lemmings live and breath fsx. We dont know which developers are going to try and rip us off. I guess we are naive for not spending countless hours researching a product before we buy it. I dont think Captain Sim is trying to rip everybody off by posting pretty screenshots. I just think they are released before all the finishing touches have been made and charging full price for us to test it is BS. The CS 757 and 727 are the most impressive looking sims I have seen yet and they fly very well. The detail in the VC is very impressive.

Matt Wilson

Apologies if I have offended you, it wasn't my intention.In your first message in this thread you state you are frustrated because you have purchased an addon that is incomplete or unfinished. I can appreciate that, but what I have trouble getting my head around is where you say you already purchased another product from the same developer and found it to be unuseable. Surely you would have had second thoughts about paying them so much money for another product?So who's more to blame here? Is it Captain Sim for selling you an expensive and unfinished product? Or is it your fault for not learning the lesson first time round? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...It really doesn't take hours of research to find out about most addons, especially Captain Sim ones. If you would have taken a few minutes to put "Captain Sim" into the forum search here you would have found MANY threads detailing the long and sorry litany of their releases over the years. You would have seen their poor history of customer support and oustanding issues with their previous releases. These forums can be a fantastic resource of collected information going back years if you use them correctly.If you really are impressed by CS addons and their attention to detail, then you really are missing out. There are many other developers who have much more detailed aircraft available, with better documentation, vastly better customer support, and in many cases much cheaper too!

Guest PPSFA
The problem I'm having with the 757 is whenever I use the auto pilot the plane will start violently rocking out of control. Before I updated my fsuipc it would do it whenever I engaged the AP. Then after I updated the fsuipc I would say it does it about half the time. I did some research and it seems it is a well known problem that was supposed to be fixed with last patch. I guess I dont know what else to do to fix the problem. I was scared to buy the 757 at first, but then CS had a good sale so I bought it. I think it was half price. I just hope CS comes out with a patch for 727 that includes a new sound set. Then it would be worth the money.
Thats a different problem from what I was referring to. If you got the 75 on sale, you got a deal. Hopefully someone can help you fix the AP.

Apologies if I have offended you, it wasn't my intention.In your first message in this thread you state you are frustrated because you have purchased an addon that is incomplete or unfinished. I can appreciate that, but what I have trouble getting my head around is where you say you already purchased another product from the same developer and found it to be unuseable. Surely you would have had second thoughts about paying them so much money for another product?So who's more to blame here? Is it Captain Sim for selling you an expensive and unfinished product? Or is it your fault for not learning the lesson first time round? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...It really doesn't take hours of research to find out about most addons, especially Captain Sim ones. If you would have taken a few minutes to put "Captain Sim" into the forum search here you would have found MANY threads detailing the long and sorry litany of their releases over the years. You would have seen their poor history of customer support and oustanding issues with their previous releases. These forums can be a fantastic resource of collected information going back years if you use them correctly.If you really are impressed by CS addons and their attention to detail, then you really are missing out. There are many other developers who have much more detailed aircraft available, with better documentation, vastly better customer support, and in many cases much cheaper too!
Alright I'm just going to come out and say it. I'm a fool, idiot, naive, ignorant, retarded, and a lemming. There now that is out of the way u cant insult me any more. The point of my post is not about me or anyone else getting fooled by CS or not learning there lesson. I am not just pointing fingers at Captain Sim. Almost every add on has some type of bug to it. Look at FSX when it first came out. Look at Vista and all of its issues. Its like every where u look we are buying untested software. U cant always rely on the forums either. All the bad of anything will be heard at the forums. I would like to know of these other addons u speak of.I've taken my TSS md80 sound set and got it working with my CS 727. Much better. Now I just have to figure out what to do for cockpit noises like APU, ventilation, electrical equipment, ect. Any ideas anybody?

Matt Wilson

I've been dying for a 727 or 707 for fsx since it came out so I figured I'd give it a chance.
Sorry for butting in, but your comment caught my eye. It's no payware, and I don't know if you knew about it, but the Historic Jetliners Group has an excellent 727. Originally made for FS2004, but I use it just fine in FSX, with plenty of paints available. I usually download their base packs, and a paint or two, then come back to AVSim for a working panel solution and sounds. Consistently leaves me quite happy.