Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Anybody else getting frustrated?

Hey whats up guys? I was just wondering who else is getting frustrated with some of the add on airliners that are being released lately. I'm starting to feel like a guinea pig that is paying an arm and a leg for unfinished junk. Paying over 60 dollars for unfinished sims full of bugs is unreal. My Captain Sim is 757 is unplayable due to auto pilot bugs. The newly released 727 pro looks nice but it uses a default sound pack. What the hell? I paid 66 dollars for this crap and I get default fsx sounds. What a rip off.

Matt Wilson

Hey whats up guys? I was just wondering who else is getting frustrated with some of the add on airliners that are being released lately. I'm starting to feel like a guinea pig that is paying an arm and a leg for unfinished junk. Paying over 60 dollars for unfinished sims full of bugs is unreal. My Captain Sim is 757 is unplayable due to auto pilot bugs. The newly released 727 pro looks nice but it uses a default sound pack. What the hell? I paid 66 dollars for this crap and I get default fsx sounds. What a rip off.
HelloWhy did you buy the 727 if you were unhappy with the 757 from them ?.

HelloWhy did you buy the 727 if you were unhappy with the 757 from them ?.
I've been dying for a 727 or 707 for fsx since it came out so I figured I'd give it a chance. I have there C 130 and it is very good. So I figured the 757 was just a fluke. Anyways your not getting my point.

Matt Wilson

Yes, have to agree. There have always been certain developers that release products early to get the cash moving, but the trend with CS seems to have jumped to a new level. It wasn't particularly acceptable before, even less so given the increased cost of the product.I think we would have more confidence in the developer if we 'knew' that in time all of the issues would be dealt with, and the product not abandoned at some arbitrary point in time.You get a feeling with some developers that cash suddenly becomes the priority rather than customer satisfaction. I hope that premise is unjustified because it doesn't bode well for out hobby.I think CS would do us all a favour if they sent the files for the 757 DVD patch to just Flight as well.martin.

My Captain Sim is 757 is unplayable due to auto pilot bugs. The newly released 727 pro looks nice but it uses a default sound pack. What the hell? I paid 66 dollars for this crap and I get default fsx sounds. What a rip off.
I don't want to sound too harsh here, but if you found the 757 to be unflyable then why on earth did you lay out so much money for the 727? How long would it have taken to so a search on this (or indeed any other) forum to see what other customers think of the product?The reason Captain Sim are *STILL* in business and *STILL* releasing buggy, incomplete and expensive products and offering poor customer support is because so many people are *STILL* seduced by some pretty screenshots.Some people never learn!

Fair point EngineRoom but we are all fallible human beings, we can all be seduced by the screen shots, and the opportunity to grab an add-on of our favourite planes.Very true though, a customer should get his point across by not opening his wallet.

It's kind of like "Reality TV". As long as there are people who will watch that rubbish there will be TV stations who broadcast it.

Guest PPSFA

If you took the time to look in the CS forums, there is a fix for the AP problem, and the 757 flys just fine after changing FSUIPC. I fly the 757 a lot, trouble free. Im not defending CS, but trashing a plane because YOU are having a problem you haven't taken the time to research really isn't fair.I am currently watching their 727 forum to see what issues it has BEFORE I buy it, and so far I don't see any 'showstoppers'. BTW, I own a lot of addon planes, and not one has ever been 'bug free' on release. If that was the criteria used to purchase, I would only have default planes. The Citation Mustang is the latest, hyped as the greatest thing since sliced bread, but check their forums for complaints, there are plenty. The difference is in customer support, some are a LOT better then others, and for me, thats the determining factor. I will buy from a company with a bad record, but only after doing full research on the product so I am fully aware of what I am getting. Those companies who use 'closed' forums are generally those that do NOT get my money, but like everything in life, there are exceptions to every rule. The old rule "buyer beware' most definatly applies. Check the support forums BEFORE buying and don't believe all the hype from developers, and you will be a lot more informed before you purchase.

If you took the time to look in the CS forums, there is a fix for the AP problem, and the 757 flys just fine after changing FSUIPC. I fly the 757 a lot, trouble free. Im not defending CS, but trashing a plane because YOU are having a problem you haven't taken the time to research really isn't fair.I did look at the CS forums and did hours of research. After changing the FSUIPC my problem went from all the time to probably half the time. Its a shame really cause the aircraft is brillliant and the sound set is the best I have heard in a sim. Maybe I am doing something else wrong? These forums crack me up anymore. U cant voice your opinion with out getting jumped on anymore. I guess paying top dollar and expecting the product to work as advertised is unrealistic these days. Sad, very sad. Carenado and Eaglesoft can release quality bug free products so I know it can be done. I guess they will only be getting my money from now on. Later

Matt Wilson

Guest PPSFA
I guess paying top dollar and expecting the product to work as advertised is unrealistic these days. Sad, very sad. Carenado and Eaglesoft can release quality bug free products so I know it can be done. I guess they will only be getting my money from now on. Later
Unfortunatly it's the nature of the beast. I'm with you, but we can only wish for bug free products, or learn to live with the problems and wait for updates. I work with programmers so I understand the problems, but sometimes you just have to shake your head and walk away for a while.btw, I have planes from those you mentioned, and they also have bugs, but I knew that going in and for me, they aren't showstoppers. What exact problems are you having with the 757 after changing FSUIPC?

The reason Captain Sim are *STILL* in business and *STILL* releasing buggy, incomplete and expensive products and offering poor customer support is because so many people are *STILL* seduced by some pretty screenshots.
Have to agree here. I bet the reason they *STILL* release products is because naive users *STILL* buy them . Granted, I bought the CS C130 pro pack for 14 bucks when they had their sale. It was worth it. But 66 bucks for the 727....yuck! I wish Dreamfleet would make a native fsx 727 woot!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Have to agree here. I bet the reason they *STILL* release products is because naive users *STILL* buy them . Granted, I bought the CS C130 pro pack for 14 bucks when they had their sale. It was worth it. But 66 bucks for the 727....yuck! I wish Dreamfleet would make a native fsx 727 woot!
...................one with a true FSX model (s) and very high resolution textures and maybe 3d gauges in the VC :( I suppose sooner or later some screenshots will be appearing, trust me, they will be appearing!Paul

Cheers

Paul Golding

Paul you're my new hero. The DF 727 for FS9 was pretty much the best airliner sim of its time.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The problem I'm having with the 757 is whenever I use the auto pilot the plane will start violently rocking out of control. Before I updated my fsuipc it would do it whenever I engaged the AP. Then after I updated the fsuipc I would say it does it about half the time. I did some research and it seems it is a well known problem that was supposed to be fixed with last patch. I guess I dont know what else to do to fix the problem. I was scared to buy the 757 at first, but then CS had a good sale so I bought it. I think it was half price. I just hope CS comes out with a patch for 727 that includes a new sound set. Then it would be worth the money.

Matt Wilson

Have to agree here. I bet the reason they *STILL* release products is because naive users *STILL* buy them
They know all they have to do is post some pretty pics of the exterior and VC and people will be queueing up to hand over their credit card numbers. Once the customer has the buggy and unfinished product installed it's too late, CS already have their money! They can then fob off the unhappy customers with vague promises about a patch or SP. If customers start to get a bit too irate simply shut down the customer forum! In the meantime start making the next batch of pretty screenshots and post them on the website, all is forgotten and the next batch of lemmings are queueing up to hand over their credit card numbers. It's all quite clever really, in a very twisted way.When they introduced their "block" purchase system it raised this to new heights. Now they don't even need to *pretend* the product is complete before they can sell it!